“Made me a Kimpton loyal”

Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my first time at a Kimpton property and because of this experience I have now stayed at 2 others. I was very pleased with the service. The check-in was efficient and the staff informative and helpful. The location is great as well although I think the prices of the rooms reflect that. The room was very comfortable and well appointed, the room service excellent and they were very accommodating when my sister brought her (massive) dog, even providing a water bowl in the room. The only one little issue was the bartender was a bit rude and off-putting when we went down for drinks and only wanted to sit at the bar and not have food. Otherwise everything was excellent and I've become a big fan of Kimpton.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JLM235
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Yay! Thanks, JLM235!

We are tickled pink to know that we've converted you to Kimpton! I hope you've joined up with our free Karma Rewards program to enjoy the privileges of being "a loyal" :).

I have shared your feedback about the bartender with the restaurant GM, Adam, who is eager to know more if you have a moment. Meanwhile, I'm happy everything was smooth sailing on the hotel end of things, and you loved the service. We do try to cater to the pet-lovers and pet avoiders both. Thanks and see you around the Kimpton Nation!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Arrived late and as we'd missed wine hour they gave us bar vouchers instead which was a nice touch. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful.
On the edge of the tacky Fishermans Wharf area but its not right in the middle of it so location is good, and close enough to walk to some attractions.
Valet parking is expensive but efficient.
The room had a view of the bay and was well equipped.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello, and thank you, Mark 201105!

I see that you also enjoyed the in-the-middle-of-everything-yet-at-the-edge location of the Argonaut. I agree that it strikes a nice balance, with all the conveniences, but less of the crowds. And, it doesn't hurt to have the Aquatic Park and cable car next door :).

Thanks for your kudos to the team for their service; we'll be sure to pass this along!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel is located on a corner facing a park and shops in a nice area. The hotel is nautical themed. They honored my request for a quiet room on a higher floor. The rooms are spacious and well designed, clean, cozy. Free wifi for members and it works well! The gym is fantastic, had everything I needed and there's even a yoga mat in your room. I love Kimpton hotels because they pay attention to details. Only thing that was off was that the price list for the mini bar was not in my room.

Room Tip: Request outward facing room. Looked like some of the rooms face an interior courtyard with nothing...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thanks, qtipkona!
I'm happy to hear you loved the gym, and the yoga mat in the room, too!
We do try to pay attention to those details and provide the little "perks" that hopefully make you feel more at home. Thanks for being a loyal Kimpton Karma Rewards guest. I hope you got to Raid the Bar while you were here to take advantage of that benefit, as well.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here mid June after a last minute change of mind on hotel booked in San Francisco, (originally I had booked a cheaper hotel but decided to go more expensive as we were only planning to visit S.F once!) That said I am so pleased we stayed here! The location was just brilliant right at the end of fisherman's wharf with pier 39 and pier 33 (Alcatraz tour) on our doorstep. We had booked all four loops of the city sightseeing bus and the stop to hop on was in the very next street! Everything is easily accessible from this hotel. The staff were always helpful and the room was clean and very spacious with all mod cons, bed was comfy, simply decorated with a sea theme, good sized bathroom with walk in shower. Don't know if our minds were playing tricks on us but whilst walking to and from our room my husband and I felt we had our sea legs on!The drinks hour was a great idea. Loved this hotel and loved San Francisco and will definitely be going back to both! Yes it seems expensive when you book but well worth it just for the location. San Francisco is a city and popular at that!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mandy W
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hooray! Thanks, Mandy W.
We're delighted to see that the hotel was in such a perfect and convenient spot for all your adventurings. It was amusing to see your comment about your "sea legs" and the wine party. Perhaps it was the summer sangria with it's kick of vodka that really livened the mood :).

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night, last minute add to our trip, so can't be too disappointed about the only room choice available...view was of the room across the way.

Can't open the windows.
The wine hour was thoughtful, if you don't care about the quality of wine poured.

Bed was comfey! Service excellent. Decor charming.

Great location for Fishermans Wharf.

The attached maritime museum much better than expected.

• Stayed: August 2014
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi, Traveltarot, and thanks for checking us out at the last minute!
I am glad you mentioned the museum that the National Park Service rangers operate here at the Cannery building since it's both interesting and FREE. A nice perk of this historic building.
Thanks for checking out the wine party, too. I am hearing the sweet summer wine is a hit with some and a miss with others, but don't forget it's almost time for the September selections, and we've been pouring the fun Anchor Steam amber lager as well :).

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The location is great if you want to be in the wharf.

Rooms are small. The windows on the interior rooms don't open so the rooms can be stuffy. If you don't get a Bay view you will look into a other rooms.

Concierge was helpful. Seemed a little overpriced but SF is expensive.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hi, JeremyfromCanada,
I see that we did not knock your socks off, and fell down in the star ratings. I know that the standard rooms do not have windows to leave open, though hopefully this made the stay quiet for you? I'm glad you loved the location here, though, and of course we'll pass along your praise to the concierge!
While our deluxe and view category rooms do have a little bit larger floor plan, the good news is that the interior rooms still definitely fall above the city average for size. I hope you'll come and try us again, perhaps when we're running a good deal on our website for these room types.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Well located at the quiet part of fisherman's wharf. Just a couple blocks away from the Fisherman's Wharf sign, restaurants and groceries store are within walking distance.
The lobby is nicely decorated and we were given free drinks (wine, beer, etc) voucher upon arrival. The room is really nice, luxurious and clean. Comfortable bed and clean bathroom.
Great service too!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thanks, Myr_Saulls!
Great to hear that everything was at and above expectation, from the comfy bed to the cleanliness of the bathroom. We'll share your praise with the service team, too. They're always thrille dto see a happy five-star review :).