“Original and unique”

Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Original and unique”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Audium is a world-exclusive, only-in-San Francisco experience. In a gently faded 60s decor, the composer introduces his work personally. Then you sit in the dark dome and listen to the sound show/composition. I can't believe this is not a famous attraction--I hope Audium will be there for ever.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank hjtore

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Interesting concept but nothing crazy.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Yeah... you checked the concept and say "wow that really cool man!'. I did the same.
But once there, you'll be disappointed cause the realization isn't as cool as the concept.
You'll be happy to get in discovering the 'room' but you'll be happy to get out cause it's boring after the 15 first minutes.
If you're a tourist like me looking for crazy places in SF, you'b better check the Castro Theater, that is something!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alain482
Humptulips, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unique wild sound experience!”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Like nothing else, entering a spacious room on a weekend evening and the lights go down and then a musical trip is played throughout the 200 plus speakers with sounds dancing around the room...! Music/random sounds, the whole gamut, fantastic!

Visited June 2011
3 Thank broo
Monterey, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“For the trendy hipsters of the world”
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I was in town by myself and this was down the street from my hotel so I checked it out. What a trip. The sounds weren't at all what I was expecting, not musical really, more like water dripping, young kids talking, and trains. This is a thing to do if you're into really unique events. I am 33 and was one of the oldest ones there besides the artist and his wife. No other single people, all couples or groups. It didn't affect the experience though, since you don't talk at all. If you're afraid of the dark, I wouldn't recommend it. I tried to meditate a little during the performance and found it to be pretty relaxing overall. i wouldn't go back, but it was a worthwhile 2 hours.

3 Thank fancyschmancy
Tampa, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Lisette”
Reviewed 10 April 2006

What a trip! Total darkness envelops you while you listen to someone manipulate sounds coming from speakers all around you. When I say total darkness I mean "can't see your own hand in front of your face." This is not a concert or music in the typical way of thinking. It was very enjoyable. The second half of the performance flew by as I felt myself getting more relaxed, zoning out and simply listening.

4 Thank LiseKali