Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$348
US$198
US$194
US$289
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$191
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$278
US$272
  • Restaurant
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
US$244
US$238
US$230
US$225
US$553
US$466
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$411
US$290
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
1,643 results
All reviewsunion squaremarriott propertiesgeary streetnice boutique hoteltenderloin districtfew blockshomeless peoplecorner roomhotel barbreakfast roomfree coffeefront desk staffvalet parkingceiling fanstreet noiselobbysf
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was intrigued by this hotel in San Francisco. I had never stayed at a Marriott Autograph Collection hotel. I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member so I thought I'd give it a try. The neighborhood is interesting. Like much of San Francisco, homelessness is rampant in the area. But they are harmless. There are some great bars and restaurants nearby. Union Square is a short walk.

The hotel lobby and bar look like a classic boutique hotel. The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. When I got to my room my initial impression was quite positive. Spacious, well laid out. Decent furnishings. Then I looked closer. The faucet in the bathroom while relatively new was about ready to fall off the sink. The stopper in the sink did not work. And I had to reach behind several pieces of furniture to plug in the lamps that a prior guest had presumably unplugged (not sure why -- there were plenty of electrical outlets in the room). All of this indicated that the housekeeping and maintenance staff was not "on the ball".

I emailed the GM of the hotel. It took 36 hours for him to respond to me. He apologized for the delay and promised to have the items addressed immediately -- before my return that evening. Well, he dropped the ball. Nothing had been done. I emailed him again and he apologized. He credited me $100 (which my company was very happy about but did nothing for me). That was that.

There are better places but if the price and location work for you, just make sure you walk around the room and require a room change if anything is unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear bmanpennsylvania,
Thank you for the review. I will make sure that the staff gets the proper feedback for both improvements as well as what we did well.

We are definitely always looking for areas to improve - so again, thank you for the feedback!

In Hospitality,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Chose this hotel for first trip to SF after reading other reviews and loved it! Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff accommodating with extra towels etc. Mortimer's had a great happy hour and food was excellent. Nice feature in Marquee room of 24/hr coffee/tea. Exceptional service from concierge Scott Shiff with dinner recommendations, directions on public transportation and renting a car for a day trip to Muir Woods/Sausalito. Location is very close to Union Square but we also easily walked to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Nob Hill, North Beach etc. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you Louis C for the great 5-star review! So glad to read that our staff was accommodating, helpful and friendly – we’re looking forward to your next trip – maybe a couples get-a-way?!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I am a bit late in writing this review. The hotel was under construction at the time of booking and was told as such. I was not anticipating a 4x 4 hole in my wall exposing old piping and what not. Now the room features itself were great and modern. The location is pretty sweet as it's close to union square and wasn't a far walk from soma area where my business was at. Now drawbacks are some of the surrounding establishments are dank however San Fran is a very easy and safe spot. I would stay here again only if the rate was right and I don't think this is a top 10'hotel at all

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank spls76

Dear spls76,
Thank you for the feedback - however delayed it may be - it's always good to get a review. You're correct in stating that we did do a renovation a little over a year ago. The area itself is safe, not one of danger but rather of homeless as most large cities tend to acquire. We have a lot of nice area bars/restaurants that have gone up in approximately the last year – so you may find the area a bit different.

I’d love to see you stay with us again and experience the new Hotel Adagio – please let me know if I may be of assistance. Maybe rather for pleasure than business this time around?!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel pretty well located. Room wonderful. Breakfast fast with an excelent waiter and waitress services, cheap. Concierge try to sell me a close deal to the airport of U$80. Taking a cab on the street was U$45. But when you a tourist, has to be carefull with this kind of deals.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Fernando G,
Thank you for your feedback - we love hearing that our breakfast is delish - we'll pass on the kind words to the breakfast staff. The town cars from the airport are a bit more, because they have to pay for parking and fees - you're correct in stating that it is a bit more expensive.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay - looking forward to seeing you again soon!

In Hospitality,

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has been recently renovated so it looks and feels new. However,the accommodation was less than luxurious for the high price. The hotel is also not in the safest part of downtown San Francisco.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you Tyler L - for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the updated features of the hotel. Our area is not one of danger, but rather one of homelessness - which is very typical of a large city.

We hope to see you again soon.