“Great Value in SF”

Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
Ranked #52 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Adagio for one night on a business trip.

I come to SF somewhat often, and am sometimes taken aback by the hotel prices. I typically chalk them up to a tech conference of which I'm unaware. Regardless of the reason, prices can vary a lot. I've seen Le Meridien range from $299 to $650 or so.

On this particular trip, prices were sky high, though not at Hotel Adagio. So I gave it a shot.

I wasn't disappointed at all. The location is good enough, close to everything downtown. Check in was speedy and efficient. And they offered me a corner room, which was very nice. Breakfast the following morning was good, too. I'd definitely stay here again for work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Robert D – thanks for the nice review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful, quick and you enjoyed the breakfast.

Looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to SF!

Michael Pace

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great location. Close to Union Square and Powell St. BART station. Very friendly and attentive staff. We had a corner room, nice, bright, and airy. The décor is bold, but pleasant. There was a nice mix of guests - bot families and young business professionals.

Room Tip: I was told the hotel is a converted apartment bldg. that opened about 1 1/2 years ago. There is some...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Bob R for the review! We’re an old building from 1929 – we’ve been a hotel for sometime now, prior to being Hotel Adagio, we were Shannon Court; as such we are a bit unique in our guest rooms are not ‘cookie cutter’. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

very nice rooms, close to union sqr, The bar is the restaurant a little small but good food and service. Don't eat at the breakfast place across the street not people friendly.
Valet parking is stiff but wear isn't it any more. We will stay again.Phil

Room Tip: mattress a little hard. very quiet room love that in the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Blaze50 for the 4-stars! I’m glad that you enjoyed our hotel and bar – our breakfast is delicious, next time you should try visiting our Green Room.

See you on your next trip!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Comfortable hotel, close to Union Square. The rooms and bathrooms are a little "tired". The shower pressure was poor. The bed was really comfortable. The proximity to Union Square was fabulous. Iris at the front desk was lovely. The coffee and tea in the lobby was a bonus.

1  Thank Ricole S

Ricole S – thanks for the review. We are a Green Hotel and thus we do have aerated showerheads in our bathrooms. I’m glad that our staff was helpful and accommodating during your stay!

See you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Room 510 was incredibly humid. Pants felt wet when taken out of the closet.
Otherwise fairly quiet, away from the elevator but cleaning lady pretty loud in the morning, slamming the utility closets door back and forth.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you FLS999 for the review – we will make sure to follow-up with our housekeeping team to ensure that we’re quieter in the hallways.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff is extremely helpful and eager to answer any questions you might have. You're in the heart of San Franscico here, so there's many options of activities to do. The parking was cheap for San Franscico. Had an amazing trip and would defiantly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Michael P, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you ncmara205 for the 5-star review. I was so happy to read that our staff was helpful and accommodating – I’m so glad that you enjoyed your trip!

See you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I work in San Francisco every 6 weeks or so and have stayed at quite a few hotels throughout the city. I have stayed at the Hotel Adagio twice in the last month and like it-the rooms are a nice size, comfortable and stylish. The staff is helpful and friendly and when I showed up there a few days ago and realized I had booked the wrong number of nights (too few), the manager politely and professionally addressed and solved my issue that evening. The valet parking is expensive but par for the rest of the city-there is actually a garage next door where the parking is considerably less and allows ins and outs. The hotel is in a good location to walk downtown or over to Chinatown. Breakfast is good. Lounge area is nice with complimentary water and coffee. This is actually considered a Marriott boutique hotel so, if you are a member, your points transfer to stays, perks, etc. which is great for me. Slight drawbacks are you can hear people talking in the hallway sometimes as the walls might be a bit thin (not bad though) and the hotel is close to the Tenderloin area so if you walk the wrong direction you can get caught up in not the nicest neighborhood. The TL actually has a few great restaurants here and there and it doesn't bother me much but the "energy" can sometimes be a bit tiring. A few doors down from the hotel is Millenium-really great restaurant. Overall, good hotel for work or vacation and I will stay at the Adagio again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Wanderlust2002014 for the pleasant review. I was so happy to read that our staff was helpful and accommodating – I will make sure to pass on the kind words.

As you stated, we do have some of the best restaurants and bars very close in distance to our hotel.

Hope your travels bring you back again soon!