Let's begin to say that San Francisco is a very, very expensive city when it comes to hotel rooms.....So whatever I paid for this hotel room, was a true bargain considering the crazy hotel prices in this city. The place looks nicer outside than it does inside. It has a very small lobby, and a true Youth Hostel feeling to it. It has no areas to sit around to socialize with other travelers, except an adjacent Bar that it seemed to be very popular in the evenings with the locals. It appeared that the Front Desk is run by friendly, but alas non professional desk clerks as far as local knowledge is considered. My room was pretty gloomy with a very small bathroom which had a tub/shower combination, with good water pressure. The room did have a small fridge and a microwave. The best thing about the room was the very strong WIFI signal provided free of charge. However, if you need to print anything from the Lobby's computer, you are out of luck because there is no printer connected to the Customer's computer. Also, the hotel is not rally centrally located, and it took me 15 fast walking minutes to get from the hotel room to the center of Market Street were the Cable Cars turn around is located. So if you do not like to walk or it would be too tiring for you....Then this would not be a good location for you. The area is a little on the seedy side but felt not danger of any kind.....It is full of bars and small restaurants and as I menitoned, quite a walk from the touristy points of interest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - SoMa is newly renovated summer of 2007 with 33 rooms and suites. A boutique style hotel, located off famous Folsom Street in a small, quaint alley Hallam Place, when you enter you feel you are in a charming small European town, yet still in SoMa/Downtown San Francisco. Most rooms with city skyline views. We are a 100% smoke-free hotel, public areas and lobby are all non-smoking and the designated smoking area is outside 50 ft right of the lobby entrance door. Valet parking ONLY. Free daily breakfast (muffin, coffee, and Juice). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-SOMA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Soma Hotel San Francisco
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites-Soma
- Americas Best Value Inn Soma