“Good price and great location”
Review of The Metro Hotel

The Metro Hotel
Ranked #32 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We wanted to walk everywhere and the Metro was right in the centre of the City. We would highly recommend this place albeit our room was a little small. Our top recommendation would be for those parking on the street. Check with the friendly staff about the weird parking requirements or you will end up with a parking ticket like we did!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank The_Peppin-Hugheses
There are newer reviews for The Metro Hotel

Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Metro has a great staff -- friendly, accommodating, more like concierges than receptionists. It is no-frills, without a restaurant, but in a swell walking neighborhood with many choices. Nice cafe on the corner.

The price for SF is *unbelievably* low. The shady backyard with patio tables is a lovely amenity.

Note that all of the rooms are upstairs, and there is no elevator so it isn't really handicap accessible. Now that my elderly mom has trouble climbing so many stairs, we can't stay any more -- but otherwise we'd be there in a heartbeat.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank herone
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Nice hotel with a spacious room at an affordable price. Location in a quiet area with free parking along the streets some blocks around. Thought not in the center of the center of SF, it is easily accessible with the bus. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Great little hotel, I arrived to find I had a free room upgrade (this suited me fine). The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and at a fantastic price.
The staff were helpful and gave me great advise of local attractions and good coffee stops.
Close to a hop on hop off bus tour stop, public transport, neat shops, and plenty of vegetarian eateries nearby. It is in a flat area of the street, so no giant uphill hikes after a long day of sightseeing.
Quiet and peaceful courtyard out the back, and the restaurant below served me good food and beer!
I loved staying here and happily come back next time I'm in San Francisco.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank kiwichick13
Reviewed 8 May 2012

When I come to SF, i don't like to stay in the Union Square/Downtown area, I just don't like the area and it's way to close to the dumpy Tenderloin. So i decided to search a place that is off the beaten path and found Hotel Metro.
I loved this hotel. We got the largest room which was around the corner from the actual hotel and it felt like we had our own apartment in a great neighborhood of San Francisco. The room was really clean and very spacious. This hotel is in great walking distance to a lot of great bars and the N Line is a few blocks away so getting anywhere around the city is pretty easy. I am going to definitely consider the place again in my next visit to San Francisco.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We just spend one night at the Metro Hotel but we really enjoyed the location and: what a reasonable price!! We also found a free parkinglot just round the corner, awesome.
Ther room was so bright and very comfortable, I liked the fact that the bathroom was splitted, so we had the basin in the bedroom. I would immediatly come back to this place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leila L
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Love this hotel and it will definitely be my go-to in San Francisco. One because the staff was awesome, but also because it was clean and is a fantastic location. Can you say Toronado 3 blocks away? The location is great with lots of restaurants and shopping at your doorstep, what more could you want? The price is also very affordable, okay, so there's that! The room was a very odd shape, but it had two beds and they gave me a air bed for our third. The bathroom was huge as well. As people have noted, this definitely isn't a cookie-cutter hotel; I'm sure every room is unique.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business