“Best bargain in san francisco”
Review of The Metro Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Francisco
The Metro Hotel
Ranked #45 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
“Best bargain in san francisco”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great little boutique hotel in the heart of the haight district of san francisco
Very clean and comfortable. The staff is very helpful. 10 to 15 minutes drive to just about anything would ever want to see in san fransisco.Awesome places to eat all around the neighborhood. We even decided to stay an extra night. Would definately stay here again

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Newberry, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

For my toddler, myself and grandma, room 109 great! 2 rooms, main room ajacent to bathroom and door. We slept great in the side room overlooking garden. Very helpful staff. Warm and cozy.
No overnight parking, but I was able to park near the Buena Vista Park in a resident area and not have to move my car several times during the night. It was safe and sound.

Room Tip: Need 2 beds, room 109 gives plenty of privacy. Only 1 remote for 2 tvs though.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay and find the Metro to be comfortable and clean. Easy access to public transportation. It is a great value because it is away from the tourist areas. The staff is very helpful. This stay I rented the efficiency on Page St. More room with a fridge and microwave.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BunnySpalding
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great value hotel slightly outside the main tourist areas. However if you are willing to walk it is a great location as it is between fishermans wharf/union sq etc and golden gate park in the other direction - there are also good bus links to both areas.
We had a great room and if you ring up to book they are very helpful with recommending which room to take. Rooms were good size and had a nice bed and flat screen tv. Bathroom was on the small side, but fine for our needs.
Lovely shops and eateries in the area if you fancy eating by the hotel - I recommend getting breakfast from The bi-rite market up the road and taking to Alamo sq to eat. Also if you are around later on the ice cream from the market is to die for!

Room Tip: Ring up and they will tell you which rooms are free and help you pick the most suitable.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FranC249
Long Island, New York, USA
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was visiting family and I wanted something close by so I thought Id give it a shot. The staff was always super nice on the phone or in e-mail. The rooms are really tiny a bed, mirror, small closet kind of area,TV,sink & bathroom with shower and thats it. There is free wifi, loved that. The bed is comfortable and the hotel is quiet. Its in an older building so there is some wear but its clean. Its in a nice area with a lot going on. I stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms because I was traveling in between. The 2nd room had a bigger bathroom with the sink inside not in the bedroom, which made the bedroom even smaller, but the bathroom was bigger! I did have an issue with the TV in the first room it only picked up a few channels, I did think that was odd but didnt realize this until I had the TV on the 2nd night and got lots of channels but that was the only issue. Would stay again its a great value.

A tip...bring shampoo & conditioner there is only soap in a dispenser in the shower and liquid soap at the sink.
Also tissues if you need them none in the bathroom just TP

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank karen r
Batavia, IL
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is my second stay at the Metro and it was terrific. Shana and Gigi were so much help with restaurants and neighborhood information. We especially enjoyed the proximity to Golden Gate Park and the Bean Bag for good food and IPA.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
USA
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I made a reservation with the Metro Hotel for some family coming from out of town for my wedding. From the beginning - which was months prior to the event -- the Metro Hotel was easy to work with. They sent an email confirmation of my initial reservation, contacted me when additional space I had requested became available on their wait list, and confirmed my reservation a couple of weeks in advance. Because of an illness in the family, we ended up having to cancel the reservation -- so I can't speak to the hotel itself. But, I have no doubt that if I ever need to arrange lodging for an out of town guest again -- the Metro Hotel will be at the top of my list of where I inquire.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo