“Great stay”
Review of The Metro Hotel

The Metro Hotel
Ranked #17 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights and really enjoyed our stay.
Great location in the Lower Haight and close to lots of good bars and restaurants and of course Haight/Ashbury.
The room was great, nicely decorated and clean and bright. The staff were friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
All in all a lovely, value for money stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Quirky little place great to get the real feel of San Francisco. Great little court yard next to great pizza shop. Very helpful staff who are local. Got suggestions from staff where to eat and had great meals. Room bed good. Yes a fridge in the room would be good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 11 June 2014

we loved this little place! my partner and I had a great time here. All staff that we spoke to where so friendly. The lady staff member (with the short hair) was very helpful when my phone had been stolen out of my pocket in downtown san fran! she helped me with the police report and we did not have a chance to thank her before we left so THANK YOU. The rooms are on the small side but the way I see it, you are there to sleep not spend your holiday in! we WILL be back :D

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kingtnarg
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I love the little garden oasis, and the employees were nice. The room was spacy and warm.

I think that they should put fridges in each room, because we did not have one and we did a lot of walking so it would be great if we could keep the drinks cold.

The cleaning was great, although our room was dirty when we got there. The enployees were nice and gave some input about the city.

It was great!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Naomi E
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for four nights in early April and had a great time. The rooms are a little small, but the location is great, right in the heart of SF, so you feel like a native. Staff are very friendly and helpful, the hotel has free wifi, and has great access to local restaurants and cafes etc. Very well priced considering its location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nathaniel D
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We found out about the metro from our daughter in-law's parents. I think we found the best kept secret in San Francisco. We've been to the city countless times, stayed in way more expensive places, and have now found the perfect hotel for us. It's convienent, very friendly, and easy to get to. There are plenty of cafes, shops, gas stations, and restaraunts close by, as well as the famous Haight - Ashbury streets.
The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very basic. Ours was room 101, which is on the street side and is noisy from the sound of the big city. The first night we had a little trouble sleeping especially around 5A.M. when the recycle guy came by and picked up what seemed like an endless amount of cans and bottles. On the advice of other reviewers, the next night we got some foam earplugs, problem solved so I can't tell you if he picked up the bottles the next night. The bed, which was a queen size, was very comfortable. The room also came with two basic chairs, a long thin desk in front of the windows, and a small night stand with a clock that didn't work, so we used our cell phones, again, no real problem. I'm sure that if we went down to the desk and asked for a different clock, we would have gotten one. There's also a medium flat screen on the wall with of course, basic cable. As for the room, once again, it's very basic. The bathroom was clean and the shower was good. There's also a ceiling fan which helped a lot because there is no air conditioning. By the way, theres no elevator so you'll need to carry your own bags. As for parking, it's all on street. If you do bring a car, be aware of the street signs, and remember to move your car when you should. I heard parking tickets were $65 which is almost the cost of another nights stay.
I would definitely stay here again and bring ear plugs with me next time. The price can't be beat, just remember you get what you pay for. If your a person that need no frills, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Be aware of the street signs in regard to parking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davbuff
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My son lives around the corner, so we have stayed in this hotel several times. I have also tried other hotels in the area. This is by far the best. The Desk Staff make the experience sweet, the rooms are small but clean and have everything you need. The beds are comfy, the bathrooms new. And the price is ever so right. Convenient to transportation and lots of good restaurants in walking distance. I love the Metro and it feels like "home" whenever I return.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the back steps. there is a restaurant in the back of hotel that sometimes...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple