“Not like before”

Chabaa Thai Cuisine
Ranked #255 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Daly City, California
“Not like before”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Chabaa, both on geary and irving use to be my top go to place for thai food before, but after my last visit to both locations this month. I was extremely disappointed with their change in taste.

I'm not sure what happen but all the food taste went wrong and nothing like it should be.

I am from Thailand, live and grew up in Thailand, so if you ask is this really Thai food: No, its not, but it will do well enough to stop the hunger.

Warning: If you plan to get a decent Thai food, you might get a little moody here.

I hope they get their taste back :(

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Wanted a non tourist experience, wish we hadn't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our meal for 2 was $21 which is really inexpensive for a city like San Francisco. We love Thai food, however we found the service curt and the food just OK ( a bit greasy ). This seems out of step with most other reviewers but it's how we found it. The place was packed which added atmosphere to our experience. In our whole 16 day Californian trip, this meal ranks as our least favourite. Not poor, just average.

• Visited October 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Terrific Thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Homey little place with the kitchen behind the bar, so you can see everything being made on the spot. Although the menu is similar to that of every other Thai restaurant, the dishes are really well prepared. Add some really good prices, and this is probably one of the better lunch options in the area.

• Visited November 2013
Douglas, GA
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I didn't want to in at first because it looked a little sketchy, but I am glad I decided to eat there. It was very good. Try the hot ginger tea. Hefty portions, and good service. My husband and I ate there for around $20. Try it out!

Visited October 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Could Easily Live On Thai Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Geary St. location is right in the heart of The City's Union Sq. neighborhood so it was very convenient for me a short walk from the hotel. The restaurant is open from 11 am to 1 am and u can look them up online at ChabaaThaiCuisineSF.com. I went to two other Thai restaurants on my visit that I'll also review.
All three Thai restaurants had rather extensive menus that I find very impressive even though I'm not real adventuresome when ordering. I ordered a simple pineapple fried rice dish that I found satisfying. Not a big fan of the Thai ice coffee or the cucumbers that seem to garnish virtually every dish but to each his own. Quick service, convenient and reasonably priced. That's all I need. Skip the ambience, it's the food that counts.

• Visited August 2013