“A meal that didn't break the bank”

Carmel Pizza Company
Ranked #107 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Description: Wood-fired pizza in a casual outdoor setting.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Food is San Fran is expensive! This was a pleasant surprise as we ate good pizza for around $20. Fire baked and nice outdoorish seating. Not crowded and a nice break from all the tourists. Fast and friendly.

There are newer reviews for Carmel Pizza Company

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We chanced upon this unassuming location - just down the road from the 2620 pier hotel, we feasted upon the capriciosa pizza and built two more of our own for the kids. The fired oven burns beautiful almond and apple wood and transfers a beautiful flavour to the pizza base. The ingredients are fresh and tasty - seriously the best pizzas we ever tasted.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

You could be forgiven for by-passing this place, it's basically a shack with a few tables. All I can say is, if you fancy a really great pizza somewhere a little quirky, step inside......you will not be disappointed. Not a huge choice and certainly not in the wine dept. (basically red or white) but the two pizzas we had had were fantastic and even the wine wasn't bad!! I'm no food snob but if I hadn't read the reviews I would have never have gone in here and what a treat I'd have missed!!

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Diablo which is a little spicy and I liked the flavors. The crust was plain no flavor and the pizza was a little bit on the greasy side.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Hole in the wall outdoor restaurant with Napoleon wood burning stove. This might well be one of the best pizzas in the us