“Not bad for its value”
Review of Seaside Inn

Seaside Inn
Ranked #10 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here early March after finishing my tour that ended in San Francisco. I read the reviews online before booking this hotel on booking.com. It was rated 8.3 by the general travel public. However, my personal experience is - although this hotel didn't fail to live up to the standard, I would only give it 7.5 which isn't bad at all. I will give you my holistic analysis below.

Pros: Location is somewhat good as it's on Lombard Street. It's about 10 minutes walk to the crookedest street. Room is quiet although mine is on the street side. Can't really hear any noise as the insulation is good. Room is renovated and in good condition. Bathroom is very nice. Bed is comfortable. The owner the Indian lady is pleasant and helpful. I like her.

Cons: Room is very small which surprises me a bit as it's in the US. If it's in Hong Kong, I would accept it. Breakfast section is basically non-existent. There is only a sofa and coffee station in the lounge. You will have to sit on the sofa and hold your own plate. Breakfast selection is very limited too - only some croissant and pastries. I would kindly suggest the owner to invest a bit more to provide more dining area.

Overall it's not a bad hotel. I certainly don't want to put any negative comments on their reputation. I have nothing to complain about but I just think they can do it a bit better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank danieldsyd

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews submitted on tripadvisor and I wasn't disappointed.

The rooms are spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There isn't a great deal of space for hanging clothes so we had to live out of our suitcases for the 6 nights that we were there, which didn't cause us a problem. We were disappointed that there wasn't a safe to store our passport's in though.

The bathroom was excellent with a really good shower. It was also helpful to have the sink in the room, rather than the bathroom, so I could shave whilst my wife was in the shower.

The reception staff were very friendly and always prepared to help and advise us on booking trips, where to catch the bus and local places to eat. Just minutes away from the hotel there was a bar with a very good steak restaurant and an excellent Thai restaurant, where we ate twice, as well.

The wharf was an easy 20 minute walk and it was very easy to get buses to Union Square and other parts of the city.

Even though the hotel is on Lombard Street, the room was surprisingly quiet, which we were very happy about.

All in all a great place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank folkjokeopus
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just went to San Francisco. Had an overnight layover so we could have dinner and see the sites. Took trip advisors advice and booked "the Seaside Inn". Fantastic!. If you had a car there was free parking right at your door...if not the taxi can take you.
The room was new, beautiful king bed with lovely sheets, and really nice décor. Bathroom beautifully tiled. Location superb -we walked out the door to the park behind, that faces the waterfront, and watched the sunset over the bridge then walked along the waterfront to Fishermans wharf for all the fun activities and supper.
Could not have been better. A lot of the fancy hotels aren't even by the waterfront and their rooms are pokey. This is the place.
Made a cup of tea before bed and thought we had hit paydirt!!

Room Tip: They are all quiet!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Northerngardner
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for our anniversary its near everything amd has free parking. Amazing rates and the beds are so amazing so comfortable and relaxing they are nice amd remodeled inside nice bathrooms..I will stay here again thats for sure and the lady at the desk is awesome!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My boyfriend and I only stayed here for one night on feb. 5th before moving to the hilton. The inside of this place was all updated and clean. The king bed was very comfortable! Everything you need is in the room. Free wifi but was a bit slow. The breakfast is very basic: muffins, bananas and things but cant complain. The front desk clerk was wonderful and extremely helpful. We waited forever for a cab that we called for. She called one and we were out the door 5 minutes later in the cab she called. The location is good short walk to everything. The outside wasnt too great but it worked. Definitely will be staying here on our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jenbob746
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

This was just what we had hoped for from the reviews we had read. Very comfortable king size bed - as good as any we have experienced. Also a good selection of local places to eat if you just want to walk. Breakfast is very simple. We would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katisha_1
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you want a conveniently located, clean, comfortable motel in San Francisco and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, then this place will fit the bill nicely.

Pros:
clean rooms
comfortable king size bed with nice linens
freshly renovated bathrooms
decent toiletries
microwave
little fridge
coffee maker
iron and ironing board
flat screen tv
simple breakfast of store bought pastries, fruit and Keurig coffees
parking

Cons:
you can hear more of your neighbours than you may want to
though the tiling in the bathroom is modern and attractive, they should have hired a better tiler to instal it as the job is sloppy
location on Lombard is not charming or pretty
no amenities like pool, workout room, etc.

As I said, for under $150 you can't do much better. The proprietors are helpful and very anxious to please .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank haifasharon