“Terrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
North Hollywood, California, United States
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm all for a crappy room at a bargain price, but I don't think I've ever experienced something this bad. I was aware my room would be basic and bathroom would be shared. I was thinking similar to a hostel. I thought not too bad for $55. Well when we checked in there were people everywhere...but it looked like homeless people living there. Besides the smell of carnitas as I walked to the room there was a small yapping dog running towards me. That was odd. All I need the room for is to sleep so this shouldn't be an issue. WRONG!!!! The building was sooooo loud that I couldn't sleep at all. People were screaming, banging on the walls, hitting things...it was just loud. Not to mention there was a pack of dogs barking so loud all night long. Horrible experience. If you want to sleep bring earplugs for sure. Will definitely NEVER be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilibug78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Haarlem, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

First of all: part of the place is surrounded by a peculair odour which can best be described as a mixture of urine and marihuana. The rooms are really poorly furnished, the residents rather scary and the lock on the door hardly worked. There is no internet upstairs and you share the bathroom.

Having said that, it's a decent location, it's cheap, I slept for twelve hours straight and I actually quite liked the shower, which was nice and clean (still) at eight in the morning.

Bottom line: ask yourself if you dare to go here. If you need a cheap, private room just to sleep in, it might be a decent option.

Room Tip: Rooms at the street are noisy, 224 has a poor lock on the door.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marvyn K

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Yosemite National Park, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was walking up the stairs, i knew i had been coned.
I noticed the walls going up the stairs were dirty and Un-kept.
The reception area had be upgraded.
I went to my room and i noticed the walls, hallways and carpets.
The carpets I believe were 3 different types, the walls dirty.
My room floor had been replaced with wood, but the Sink was not white but a brown color and it had allot of rust.
The ceiling you have to see.
The bathroom, was unbelievable.
I am sending you some pictures, to describe what i saw.
Mold,mildew, hole in the ceiling, you have to see to understand.

My question is how can a flea bag hotel,classified itself as a Hostel and get 2 stars??

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank luisgtorres
Brighton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Got there, booked for a week, changed our reservation to one night, paid $57, went to our room, it was terrible. Soiled bed sheets, towel had brown stains on it, people shouting and screaming everywhere.

Stayed there for an hour and 45 minutes, that was just to use the wifi, found another hotel and got the hell out. Avoid at every single cost. The area wasn't even worth the cheap and horrible place.

Oh and parking is $20 a day.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank pr0nking
Port Jervis, New York, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This " hotel" as they call it, is the worst place I have ever seen. We booked this online . When we arrived we had to go up a flight of stinky stairs ,the stench on urine was overwhelmingly disgusting, followed by heavily soiled carpet which led us to the reception where we were unprofessionally greeted by staff thru a bullet proof window. We asked to see the room, just for ha ha's . We had not intention keeping this reservation by what we encountered in the entrance way. We walk down a narrow hallway that appears to be a homeless shelter, it was filthy, and the rooms were small and crowded, not to mention there was no bathroom in the room , we were told we would need to share a bathroom down the hallway. We left this disgusting place. It should be reported to the health department. The conditions were so poor and unsafe. Please do not waste your money here!

Room Tip: Please do not waste your time or money here. It's a complete disaster.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

So I ended up booking here because of being stuck in the city a week longer due to illness of my partner. I should have known something was up by what the cab driver asked me when I told him where I was going. And I quote "Man are you sure you want that place. You seem a bit to...together for that place." I first thought he was being homophobic but I know now it was genuine concern.
We pulled up and it looked like ever drug house from every cop drama on tv. I went up the narrow steps, that smelt like a long neglected Arazona port-a-poty and past the strung out crackhead sitting on a step, scratching at his arms and stairing out at nothing and made my way to the "front desk."
I told the people behind the inch pluse thick bulletproof glass that I booked on line but I changed my mind. I was toold to bad but they would still charge my card for the two days I booked for. I know I should have said no, walked out and called my bank to block it but I was already exhausted so I said just give me my room key.
When I got to the room I was scared to sit anywhere. I dropped my bag in the spot that once was a closet and left. I spent the night in a chair in the Hospital in my partners room instead.
The next day I went back to get my bags and left the key at the desk. Money lost but lesson learned.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mnbear8486
Downey, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Good Lord, I've never thought I'd set foot in one of the filthiest, unsafest hotels ever! The entrance area smelled so bad, I literally held my breath, with the additional torture of having to climb sets of stairs to reach the reception area. I didn't like the idea of open windows to keep the rooms ventilated, as another window was opened three feet from my room, allowing the tenant to possibly jump into my room window. I wasn't even comfortable leaving my valuables inside the room. The shared bathroom? It was pretty disgusting; so disgusting, I'm sure anything that comes in contact with the floors and walls will simply just melt. I'm surprised the Department of Environmental Health hasn't shut this place down. I'll never, ever set foot in this place; not even for a million bucks!

• Stayed June 2013