“a coffee drinkers coffee shop”
Review of Sightglass Coffee

Sightglass Coffee
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Description: Sightglass is an independent, sibling-owned coffee company in San Francisco. To us, a good craftsperson works tirelessly to perfect and deliver excellence. At Sightglass, coffee is our hands-on craft. Because coffee is a seasonal fruit, we source it from origin in tiny, freshly harvested lots.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

fresh roasted beans on sight, in a very modern warehouse style building. They sell lovely fresh baked pastries as well! I walked blocks on my own one morning to happily find this place. I brought treats back to the hotel room and enjoyed the spoils of my walk. The only draw back for me was they don't have a dark roast, as i was told they specialize in medium. Never the less the coffee was good and i saw they had a booth at the ferry building market a few days later where they sold it by the bag.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much when my friend asked me to meet him up at sight glass. In fact, I didn't know what to expect.

When I got off public transport on the other side of the road, I noticed an industrial looking place.

As I walked in, it's definitely not the typical type of café. It has storage place for coffee, some machineries and lots of people inside. There are 2 storeys where people can hangout at, and another mezzanine private area.

It looks like a place that sell or distribute coffee, a coffee school or some sort, sell some delicious pastries as well while coffee lovers hangout. Absolutely lovely pastries, Great ambience and experience to hangout here.

One thing though, it's kind of stuff and hot if it's a sunny day.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was planning to go to Sightglass since the first time I heard about this place in the social media and when I had the opportunity to go to SF, that day has arrived. First, the building is a 2 story kind of warehouse structure. On the ground, we have the main attraction of the place: a big roaster where you can see, from time to time, the coffee beans being toasted. You also order you coffee to go or to stay and if you decide to stay, which I recommend, go to the 2nd floor, where you can choose a place in the mezzanine and sip your coffee, read a book or check your smartphone and big tables or in a counter. There's several kinds of coffees and you can also buy some raw coffee to go. The prices are compatible with the quality of the products. Totally recommended.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I were staying nearby and once we discovered this place, we went every day! The coffee, pastries and atmosphere are all wonderful. We also visited several other coffee places, but found many of them full of attitude and not as mellow/laid back as Sightglass. Everything was perfect with this place and if you hit it right in the morning, there is no wait and the sun spills into this wonderful building - both upstairs and downstairs.

It is worth going out of your way to visit this place.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This coffee is excellent. Hands down the best cup I had while visiting San Francisco. No really, it's fantastic. (Luckily for me, the ship to the east coast!)

The space is really nice too. It's very light, and there are two tiers of seating- upstairs and down stairs. It's fun to sit upstairs and look down at the coffee shop bustling.