“A bit too spicy.”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: German, Polish, Czech
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Haight-Ashbury
Description: An internationally known, legendary destination in San Francisco, the Haight is the birthplace of Rosamunde Sausage Grill in 1998. Our Haight Street location sits next door to Toronado beer bar, the single most important Bar for the craft beer movement, propelling SF to the forefront in the early days of the '80s. Our sausages are made to feed the craft beer drinker. Locals and tourists alike order their sausage and enjoy them next door at the bar! And have you tried Burger Tuesday?
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I love sausages and sausage sandwiches. I had the lamb sausage and I would have enjoyed my better but it was too spicy. I asked how spicy before I ordered it, and the cook/cashier said it was "a bit spicy." I can handle med-med hot, but these were almost too hot to eat the entire sandwich. I also ordered onions and peppers on my sandwich. It was not such a great idea to order the peppers since the peppers were spicy serrano with ribs and seeds included. Needless to say I was keeping my mouth cooled off instead of enjoying the sausage. My husband ordered the like-seasoned chicken sausage and felt the same as I did. I would go back, but definitely order the milder choices. You have to have a tough mouth to handle the spicy option. The German style potato salad was great and a welcome accompaniment to the spiciness of the sausage.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Was at Toronodo enjoying a few tasty beverages when the small of food was heavy in the air. We noticed everyone had these yellow plates so we headed next door to see what it was.

Tasty, tasty sausage! This stuff goes so good with a beer! A little on the spicy side but the onions and peppers balance that nicely.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The food and beer were actually very good. But the music was just a bit too loud. It made it very hard to hear anybody. The bench seating can be cool or annoying, depending on whether you want to meet people or not. We had to keep defending our turf as we had a few more people arriving. Service at the bar was friendly.

1  Thank mrbobke
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Hungry and thirsty during an interesting walk through the Mission District we were happy to come on Rosamunde. Authentic Germany style sausages and a variety of draft beers met our needs! The Nurenberger were spot-on, and the Weisswurst, although not served in a traditional steamed form, was nevertheless excellent in a grilled form. Very informal, with both indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

great sausage sandwiches, great beer, nowhere near as crowded as Toronado in the Haight. Picnic tables, great food, go across the street to Mission Pies for dessert.