“Neighborhood Type of Place”
Review of Florio

Florio
Reserve with OpenTable
Florio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,172 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Pine & Bush
Transit: Muni: #22 Fillmore, #1 California, #3 Jackson, #38 Geary
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Neighborhood Type of Place”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Florio has been on Fillmore for years, and consistently draws locals and tourists. Our first visit was a couple years ago, and this time also did not disappoint. The host was welcoming, the bar already booming at 6 p.m., and service was not intrusive.
We began with drinks - as they were featuring rose wines, I tried a delicious Spanish rose and my husband had a very good martini, accompanied by herb-toasted almonds and green olives. Our entrees of albacore tuna, English peas, and Meyer lemon were perfectly cooked and delicious.
We had a leisurely meal with no pressure to leave. A place to return to.

• Visited July 2014

Saint Charles, Illinois
“One of the best in San Francisco”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I cannot speak too highly of Florio on Fillmore in SF. I have gone there every year for over ten years and never been disappointed. John Castellano and his staff are prompt and friendly, even on bustling, busy nights. Dinners are not cheap but always delicious. Portion sizes are small enough that diners can indulge in cocktail, appetizer, entree, and dessert without feeling stuffed. During my June visit, I had the house cocktail, a small plate of pickled vegetables, and halibut with fennel, grapefruit, and olives. For dessert, I had sweet corn gelato with huckleberry sauce. With all the interesting flavors, I was satisfied without feeling I had eaten too much. The restaurant has the feel of a neighborhood bistro, quaint and cozy. If you live in or visit San Francisco, don't miss this place.

san francisco,ca
“RELUCTANT.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Because this restaurant is in my neighborhood, I'm going to be less generous in my review so I can continue to get a reservation at a decent hour..
What can I say: The place is quaint and has that Parisian Bistro feel, inviting for a warm dinner and a well executed cool cocktail. Not everything is perfect, our server had the personality of Iceberg lettuce, but the food was what Vodka is to caviar...Whatever that means...
If you are craving a hamburger, confit de canard or the perfect pomme frites, they can be found here on Fillmore St. Beware though, the menu can drastically change and what you were so yearning for might no longer be. No worries, the perfectly roasted chicken is always there for you.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“a little fowl”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Decor wise not a bad place with a friendly welcome. We ordered chicken which was undercooked and to be fair were offered a replacement meal but I have an aversion to complaining and then recieving another offering from the chef after a previous experience of food poisoning. The waitress was really good and our meals were removed from the bill. I'm sure that this is not a regular occurence and am loathed to give a poor review but my experience was not good for this restaurant

1 Thank Gomin
Florida
“Good, but not quite great”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Florio has expanded their menu since the last time we visited and I appreciated the wider range of choices. I had the starter of burrata and prosciutto with greens which was quite good followed by a pasta special that had black truffles on it. The food is consistently good, and the service very good, but if falls just shy of being very good. We had guests and they enjoyed the ambiance and the dishes they ordered.

Visited March 2014