“Ran into a gem!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ran into a gem!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We ran over to Tommys after our first night in San Francisco. It was right across the street from our hotel and I was starving after flying and sight seeing. We walk in and quickly noticed it is different sort of set up. It is cafeteria style serving where you walk by and say I'll take that and point. The second thing I noticed was a pic of Guy from triple d. We love that show and try to hit a spot everytime we are out of town ... so that was a cool surprise. The biggest surprise was most definitely the food. Heaping helpings and the best brisket I have ever had. It was super tender and their sauce was a perfect match. This place was so good and reasonably priced (actually it was very cheap for the helping I'm talking like 8 bucks) we went back the next night. I chose the corned beef and cabbage and was not disappointed. This is a must try if you are in San Francisco.

“v.nice restaurant”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

good food and drinks, inexpensive, very nice style, i had a breakfast at around 10AM people was still coming in, by the time i finished it was very crowded

• Visited July 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A NEW FAV!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Tommy's was so delicious my fiance and I went there twice during our San Francisco stay. The vibe there is very inviting and the staff is super nice. Now the FOOD! OH MY YUM! what a great mix of home-cooking and comfort food. It was refreshing to see a mix of business people, locals and tourists. Obviously a hidden gem in the city and I highly recommend stopping in! PLUS if you're a Metallica fan you might know this spot's great history.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, OH
“Homecooking from a restaurant!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel across the street and were tired of eating in restaurants... Tommy's Joynt is like getting home-cooking when you're on the road. We ordered dinner from Tommy's and took it back to our hotel room. Portions were enormous and everything we ate was delicious. Loved the lasagna in particular. Great choice!

Visited July 2014
Oakland, California
“Check this off the "bucket list"”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've been driving past Tommy's Joynt since before I knew how to drive! On the way home from the Disney Family Museum (a great place, by the way!) we realized we were hungry and decided to stop in. The place is what you would expect from its name, a funky hof brau with a well-stocked bar with lots of amusing signs and odd bits of this and that hanging everywhere. We surveyed the menu items posted on the wall while waiting in line. My son and I both decided on the buffalo chili and my husband ordered a pastrami sandwich on a french roll. I negotiated with the guy behind the counter for vegetables instead of rice underneath my chili - a good low carb substitution. The chili was excellent - meaty, mildly spicy, and cooked in a rich but not overly thick sauce of tomatoes and onions. My husband declared the sandwich to be very good, although he thought the roll was too much bread for the meat. My son also had a whisky sour, which he enjoyed. This place is super casual and pretty quick. I'd definitely consider stopping in again!

• Visited July 2014