“Authentic, top shelf Italian; a jewel in a gem of a neighborhood”
Review of Jackson Fillmore

Jackson Fillmore
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson Fillmore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #594 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Pacific Heights
Cross street: Jackson
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I've been a coming to Jack's place for the better part of 20 years and like good wine Jackson Fillmore simply gets BETTER with time. The most authentic and delicious Italian food you'll find outside of Italy with a terrific menu replete with all sorts of choices. I love a place that offers such a breath of interesting dishes that one struggles to make a selection. This is JF.

The atmosphere is lively, upbeat and energetic in this trendy, relatively small spot in the heart of Pacific Heights. A jewel in a gem of a neighborhood. Don't leave without someone in the party ordering the Contadino Misto - to die for!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Although this is not an outstanding restaurant in one sense, it is very good of its' kind. We wanted a reasonably priced, local eatery with a good atmosphere, serving tasty food and and we found it here. There were several local residents present which is always a good sign. We enjoyed our meal which was cooked in front of us by cheerful, unflustered staff.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Jackson Fillmore Trattoria is a small Italian restaurant that appears to be a neighborhood favorite. It seems to be not uncommon to have a line of people waiting outside the door, so reservations are definitely recommended.

We were a group of 8 people, which almost seemed too large for a restaurant of this size. They prepared a table for us by the door, but how they prepared it really surprised me. They didn't remove the dirty linens from the previous guests which were stained with spilled wine and food, but just put white paper over the top of them. It made me wonder how many people had been using the same linens that night. We just looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and sat down, having never seen anything like THAT before!

The meal itself was excellent and so was the Chianti. We had the calamari for the appetizer and a number of different entrees. I had the Pollo alla Siciliana, as did a few others. The taste was delicious, but I found myself continually pulling small chicken bones from my mouth. A few others had the Tortellini al Forno. They said it was delicious but had a "bacon taste" which was just a little too strong. I must say that all of the servers and others who work at the Jackson Fillmore were very friendly and gave excellent service.

One recommendation would be to not sit at a table by the door when the weather is cold. We discovered that the door was open for a considerable amount of time during our dinner, and we were thankful that it was a relatively pleasant night.

Overall, I would definitely return to the Jackson Fillmore for another dinner, but I don't think that I would go here if we had over 6 people. They can accommodate a larger group, but it's tight.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We booked online for 8.30 and arrived at 8.15. The place was heaving. A glass of wine helped with the 20 minute wait for a table. Once seated our starters of mushrooms and calamari soon arrived. Huge portions. Wonderful quality well presented. After a much needed rest our mains appeared. Chicken with olives/capers in white wine & spicey sausage with chicken. Best mains in 7 days of eating out in SF. Bags of flavour and quality ingredients. We were in Amalfi this time last year and didn't eat this well.

10/10 to the guys who run it.

2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Jackson Filmore, a small Italian restaurant at that corner is a reasonably price and pleasant little restaurant. It has standard as well as innovative Italian food and a good (not overpriced wine list)