“Great neighborhood restaurant with authentic cuisine”
Review of Jackson Fillmore

Jackson Fillmore
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson Fillmore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #600 of 5,834 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Pacific Heights
Cross street: Jackson
Reviewed 20 April 2014

One of my favorite San Francisco dining establishments. Friendly staff, good chef and authentic Italian peasant food. I have never had a bad meal or bad service here. Get to know the staff and let them order for you. Extensive wine list. This is a Pacific Heights neighborhood gem.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Jackson Fillmore has been a neighborhood gem for years and maintained its excellence and increased its distinctiveness versus all other choices. It's the best. The key is consistency. The recipes are proven, the preparation and execution impeccable and the atmosphere is wonderfully warming. Jack, Casey and Kelly and all the staff will greet you, chat with you, tell you the wine and food stories, help you choose, and make their place your home for the evening. If there's something that's not on the menu but they have the ingredients, they'll make it for you. The wine list has lots of low price / high value choices that are made possible because the team do all the hard work of discovery themselves, get to know the owners, winemakers and importers, and negotiate personal terms. This is a great place to get to know. Go often.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Jackson Fillmore Trattoria is nothing to look at from the street, in fact one might even drive by. Once inside it becomes immediately apparent that this is a traditional trattoria in every sense. The service was great and some of the items we had were excellent.

My wife and I loved the antipasti frito. She had a very nice ravioli dish and I had the red snapper "special." Unfortunately, I seriously doubt it was fresh red snapper. The fish was overwhelmed by a tomato sauce which was overly spicy. It was very difficult to enjoy the fish.

We won't be put off by this one dish and intend to come back as the menu offers lots of choice and we noticed a number of other dishes being served which we might order next time. We really enjoyed the charm of the place.

Like so many places in the city, if you are driving, go a little early so you can find parking.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I give Jackson Fillmore a 5 for everything: ambiance, value, and deliciousness! They seem somewhat hidden - if I were walking down the street and didn't know they were there, I would definitely not look in their window twice. But since I DO know they're there, all the better!

The food was amazing - I highly recommend the parmesan-crusted artichoke starter, for one - and the service was very friendly. This is definitely a place I plan on coming back to next time I'm in town!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

loved the complementary bruschetta! great gnocchi! delicious comfort food in a comfortable atmosphere.