“Great dining expierence”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Hayes Valley
Cross street: Between California & Sacramento St.
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I found this restaurant online with a coupon from Bloomspot and thought why not. I was glad to have taken the chance. It is small and intimate with a limited menu and everything that we ate was delicious paired with excellent customer service. Make sure to leave room for a dessert since that is what the chef is known for. Yummy!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Walked in off the street with a big group -8 of us and they accomodated us. I don't know what happened in the kitchen but after getting our first course of soup - no one's entree came out for an extremely long time. Had I not already ordered my entree, I would have been glad to skip to the dessert course as the soup had been wonderful and pretty filling (corn soup - not cream based). I think overall it took about 3 hrs for us to have dinner there.
Entree was ok - but not worth that kind of wait. Desert was wonderful.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

To begin, we did not go to the restaurant but to the bakery. We drove down from Oregon to visit my family and after having read her cake cookbook, I had to make this stop. We bought a beautiful tall cake with Citizen Cake signature architectural ornamentation on top! The clerk was gracious, wrapped our cake into a beribboned box and took our money nicely. At my brother's house in Marin, yeah, this was a lot of driving, we ate this beautiful cake for dessert. It was as delicious as it looked and smelled.

Reviewed 18 March 2010

Predictable dishes that's just okay.

1  Thank Shayne67
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We did not eat in the restaurant but went to the attached bakery. The selection was limited and expensive at noon. The girl at the counter was on the phone with a customer when we arrived. She was very snotty to the customer on the phone. When she waited on us, she seemed annoyed that we were there. We spent over 20.00 on a chai tea, 2 hot chocolates, 2 cookies,a cupcake and tiny piece of candy. The experience was mediocre at best.