“Like a Mini Trip to Itay!”

Pazzia Caffe and Trattoria
Ranked #93 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This restaurant has perhaps the best Italian food I've had outside of Italy. We started wth the beet and arugula salad and it tasted like the arugula was just picked. The highlight, however, was the ravioli from the special sheet. It was a homemade pasta filled with spinach and ricotta in a pink sauce along with baby artichokes. We shared the pasta and, in the end, wished we had just each ordered our own. We had a glass of a Chianti recommended by the staff and it was a perfect pairing. For dessert we had some of the lightest, most delicious Tiramisu. At the end of the meal we felt like we had a mini trip to Italy. We will be sure to visit Pazzia every time we come to San Francisco. Our only regret is that we didn't find this restaurant sooner.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a fabulous little gem we found in San Francisco!! So friendly and inviting. Food was delicious! My husband loved the pasta with homemade meat sauce! My pizza was delicious!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Go here you will have a true Italian experience I promise. I studied abroad in Florence and Massi is the best possible host you can have. He takes passion in his restaurant and runs it with such care and heart. If you like thin crust pizza go here and the pasta is absolutely amazing as well. Massimo treats all of his guests like family and I know this because he is my cousins husband. We love him!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Old world Italian in a very modern city. Pasta was fresh and outstanding. Wine selection was limited but very good values and lots of Brunellos if your a fan. Service was five star and very family oriented. Only complaint I had was the heat, restaurant was extremely warm even with the doors open.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a little gem in sf. We got here and got seated right away (we had a reservation) and greeted by such friendly people! We had the raviolli and burrata which were both amazing! The tiramisu is also a must... The whole time you're here, you feel as if you're in Italy having dinner with a big welcoming family! Amazing food and service!