“Amazing Italian food and service in SF!”

Pazzia Caffe and Trattoria
Ranked #281 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Creative, fresh Italian food in Soma with great service. Jacopo and girlfriend Julia we're so friendly, welcoming and fun. Our kids tried their best Italian phrases with Jacopo. He talked and joked with us, and hugged the kids on the way out. It was an amazing experience on top of incredibly prepared food. A night we'll remember in SF....

There are newer reviews for Pazzia Caffe and Trattoria

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hello beautiful restaurant. We strolled up to Pazzia without a reservation while on a family vacation in San Francisco. It appeared all the tables were occupied, but they quickly and enthusiastically made us a table for 4 out on the sidewalk. It is clear they have a local following.
Despite being a clear tourist family, they really made us feel very welcome and special.
After the meal the ? owner/ manager made a special effort to thank us. Most importantly the food was outstanding. Great authentic cuisine!!!
Delizioso Grazie Pazzia

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We wanted somewhere causal but good, and within walking distance of our hotel at 4th and Market. This was a wonderful find. I would highly recommend reservations as the seating is limited and there was a line there when we went. The ambience is Spartan but the food and service were excellent. We kept it simple with Caesar salad, spicy Italian sausage pizza and a very good bottle of Chianti. Their pizza was the best!

This is not a restaurant that will "impress" your new friend or Match.com date, but with great food, wine and service you really can't ask for more. I would highly recommend giving this one a try.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I decided on this resaurant since my of my friends from the Netherlands is actually from Italy and I thought we should try some Italian food and see how a restaurant in SF compared to what she gets at home. Well, we sit down and our waiter starts to joke with us in Italian and it comes to find out that he and his family are from the same town in Italy as my friend and then the fun begins. I even learned some Italian that night. Okay, yes, the food was amazing from the mussels and bruscetta to the many different types of pasta our group had to the excellent wine selection. An excellent meal all around and to top it off as we are leaving our waiter gave each of us a hug and said grazie many times. It was quite the experience for all my Dutch friends and one that my friend told me that she will remember for years to come!

....my friend talked Italian all night to our waiter and it was just a total blast! The food was superb as we ate

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was excellent. Great atmosphere. The food was so good. Daughter had spaghetti and it was good. Husband and I split mussel appetizer and a pizza. It was excellent!!!! Highly recommend reservations for the weekend. Will definitely go back.