“Really wanted to like it more”
Review of ANZU

ANZU
Reserve with OpenTable
ANZU is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 5,867 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: O'Farrell
Transit: The hotel is located on the corner of O'Farrell and Mason Streets. One block from the Powell Street BART station.
Description: The elegant and intimate Restaurant ANZU, located on the second level of Hotel Nikko,specializes in Asian inspired California Cuisine. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, cocktails and dinner. The ANZU bar serves innovative and classic cocktails in an upscale setting.Both the restaurant and bar are also available for private and semi private events.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My portabella mushroom entree, while a beautiful presentation, left me hungry. Serving the equivalent amount of meat works, as a vegetarian quantity, not so much. Good wine list.

NikkoGal, Guest Relations Manager at ANZU, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Pesteffe,

Thank you for your comments. I will pass them along to our Chef as he is always improving the menu. Glad you enjoyed the extensive wine selection. We look forward to your next visit. I'd like to suggest that you return for the Sunday brunch where there is an extensive and delicious Vegetarian selection.

Warm Regards,

Anne Hudson

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting SF from Minneapolis and ate here for dinner over a weekend in April. The ambiance and decor are beautiful. The staff was incredibly friendly and professional; our waiter was very knowledgable regarding the menu and recommendations. He was able to make wine recommendations to me and as well as help my husband navigate the Japanese beer choices. We ordered sushi and very much enjoyed it! The Anzu roll was very good and our favorite. The fish was very fresh and the choices were unique. I would highly recommend this restaurant for sushi in the Union Square area. Everything else pales in comparison. My husband recommended it to a coworker who traveled to the area after we left and he enjoyed it as much as we did! This is most definitely one of the best sushi restaurants I have been to.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We are so happy to receive you five circle recommendation and thank you for spreading the news to co-workers and friends, recommending Restaurant Anzu. I'll be passing along your comments to the Chef and staff. We strive to excite our guests and will continue to do so. Please come and visit again soon, as there are new surprises frequently!

All the Best,

Anne Hudson

Reviewed 25 March 2014

After checking in, we didn't want to go out again so we ate at Anzu. The food was good but not memorable. We had the four-course prix fixe with wine pairing for $60 which is a good deal, but I though the dishes could be so much better with more salt and pepper. The seasoning throughout was lacking. The room is nice and service was average.

NikkoGal, Sales and Marketing Manager at ANZU, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Jim M,

Thank you for your review. Though they are painful to hear, your comments help us improve our operation. It displeases us that our items could have tasted better with just simple seasoning, but now we know specifically how to enhance our menu and move forward. Please come back again to see how your comments positively affected our menu.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We ate here several times while staying at Hotel Nikko. There drinks were great. The sushi and shrimp were excellent and I would definitely go back.

Dear trippm277,

Thank you for your five-circle review of ANZU. We have a new menu of spring drinks coming out soon, so be sure to come back and visit us!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

You'll enjoy having a cocktail or a bite to eat but it's way too expensive compared to what's around you.

Dear berkguy,

Thank you for your comments. We recommend that you come during Happy Hour- we have such great deals! We hope that you give us another chance to wow you.

Best wishes,