“Delicious food”

Koh Samui and the Monkey
Reserve with OpenTable
Koh Samui and the Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,025 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th Streets
Transit: Muni Bus Lines 10, 30, 45, 47. Muni Train Lines K, T, N and Caltrain
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

I eat here everytime I visit SF. Really like their version of lettuce wraps (spinach with a bunch of stuff) very unique. Service was a bit slow but we didn't mind too much

There are newer reviews for Koh Samui and the Monkey

Reviewed 14 August 2012

best restaurant for Thai food. the peanut sauce was the best I ever tried. My children and I have and excellent meal.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We went there in a group of 15 and no one came out complaining about food. That in itself should be a testament that it ain't crappy.

The menu is a good resemblance of what you expect from a Thai restaurant in US and this place also some entrees with their own spin. I noticed a lot more seafood entrees on the menu as compared to other Thai restaurants.

The ambiance wasn't upscale at all and the service was prompt as well. What was a surprise was that the chocolate cake they served with vanilla ice cream was delicious. We got a few on the house as it was one of our friend's b'day.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just ate here last night after trying this place over two years ago. And just like last time, the food was way overpriced and the green curry actually was made from cow's milk instead coconut milk! How do I know? I'm lactose-intolerant, and my stomach went crazy afterwards. In fact, the next morning I had the runs so bad, I thought I had gotten food poisoning.

Go to other Thai places in SF such as LersRos or Osha.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Had dinner here this week with a co-worker. The menu had a nice variety of appetizers, soups, and entrees. I ordered a cup of the Tom Kha Gai soup and the Aromatic Pumpkin Curry (basically red curry chicken with pumpkin) and both were delicious. Our waiter advised that my entree was prepared medium spicy, unless I wanted it more spicy. I often order red curry dishes medium-hot or hot, but glad I stayed with medium as it was plenty spicy. :) This restaurant is larger than most Thai restaurants I've been to, and it's very nicely decorated as well. It's a little pricey, but that's probably because it's meant to be more of an upscale, large Thai restaurant, has a full bar, is not far from the baseball stadium, etc. My entree was $16, while at most other Bay Area Thai restaurants, red curry dishes are around $10. Overall, it was a good experience.