“Yummy angry pineapple cocktail”

Koh Samui and the Monkey
Reserve with OpenTable
Koh Samui and the Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,083 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th Streets
Transit: Muni Bus Lines 10, 30, 45, 47. Muni Train Lines K, T, N and Caltrain
Reviewed 10 May 2014

If I passed this restaurant on the street, I wouldn't go in - the entrance is not inviting. However the restaurant itself is cosy and inviting.
My colleague and I had a crazy cocktail each. His was a coconut carved out to hold some concoction including coconut rum. Mine was a pineapple also containing a mix of rums.

The imperial spring rolls with tofu were delicious, and I also enjoyed the pad thai noodles. I'll be back here again I think - it was a nice relaxed place to have dinner.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Nice Thai restaurant a little on the pricey side.

We had the duck and veggie curry which were both good.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We went with a large group, and also the restaurant was very busy, they were very flexible. The fish I had and the legumes were delicious - as the very quick and friendly service.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The service is wonderful---what you'd expect of a suberb restaurant; yet the sense is not that of a super-elegant place requiring fancy dress. The food----ooooooh soooooo good. melt in your mouth appetizers, tremendous soup, fascinating flavors in delicious entrees. I'd eat there at least monthly except it is a two-hour drive from home, so it is our to go place whenever we are in SF---which is amazing considering the amazing restaurants in that great city.

1  Thank Illinijoan
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Came to this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. We had pad Thai and panong beef curry. Both were delicious, but the beef curry was amazing! It was like a mix of pulled pork and curry- so tender! The staff we very welcoming and never let our water get below half a glass. We also thought it was great value as we ended up bringing home leftovers. I highly recommend this restaurant if you like Thai food.