“Great food, friendly service”
Review of Fog City

Fog City
Ranked #408 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Embarcadero
Transit: Muni F line located directly across from the restaurant on The Embarcadero. The Muni 10 line stops at Sansome and Greenwich.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I took some colleagues out to dinner here and was so impressed with the food. We had several appetizers all of which were delicious. Would definitely recommend the calamari- such a good dish. Then the mains came and those were very good. Though not as memorable as the apps though. The best part though may have been the dessert. You must try the doughnuts. They are amazing!

Our server was really nice also. The prices though were a little steep for what you got.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here on our recent dinner in SF. This is one of my go-to spots when touring people around the city. It's Wharf close and the dinner time parking is easy. We had a terrific grilled calamari appetizer. I had the best ever (and I am a steak LOVER) rib-eye cooked to perfection. My daughter had the special, a wonderful grilled halibut with vegies. Another friend had the kale salad and mac and cheese small bites both of which she raved about. Last friend had the clams in a delicious broth. Best meal of the trip! Service was excellent, too!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We ate dinner here on one of the days of our recent trip to California. The service was excellent with the most attentive staff. They were helpful when part of my daughter's meal was too spicy for her and replaced the item promptly. This was a good find close to the public transportation.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent our first evening in San Francisco enjoying a fabulous meal at Fog City. First, I love the hip, mid-century vibe of the restaurant. Second, we enjoyed one of the best appetizers I've ever had anywhere - Seasoned Peanuts with Bacon. For my meal, I ordered two appetizers - the crabcake with pesto aioli and a beet salad paired with a glass of Grenache. Everything was perfectly prepared and the combination of flavors superb. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the Wild Boar Spare Ribs, and my 7year-old daughter ate a gigantic cheeseburger. Can't wait to eat there again when and if we ever return to San Francisco!

1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ended a day of touring here and were happily surprised at the food choices and excellent service. Our waiter was fun, knowledgeable and his choices were spot on. Love the atmosphere. Casual but kind of a cut above the norm. Go there, you won't be disappointed.