“Good Italian Bistro - but small portions” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calzone's

Calzone's
Reserve with OpenTable
Calzone's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 5,577 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Vallejo
Transit: Muni #9, #20, #30, #41 and #45 stop within a block of the restaurant.
Description: It doesn’t get more local than Calzone's, in the heart of North Beach. Whether you're sitting outside at the heated cafe tables or inside in one of the comfy booths, this sparkling bistro with a decidedly Cal-Euro atmosphere is the perfect place for watching eclectic locals mix with visitors drawn by North Beach's reputation as the hip place to see and be seen. The restaurant has been owned and operated by the same North Beach native since 1986 and is open 365 days a year, serving food continuously from 11:30 am until 1:00 am.
Buckinghamshire
“Good Italian Bistro - but small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

A very smart Italian bistro that a group of us visited after a day at work. The service is excellent and the food is delicious.

One criticism though; for the price the portions were quite small. Therefore this place is recommended for a quick bite, not for a full meal.

Despite this, I would visit again

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Eastpoint, Florida
“Mixed Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife, son, and I recently ate here after seeing the crowds from the street. My twenty-something son loved his food, my wife liked her food, but my food (a calzone) was not good. It was a chicken calzone and I almost choked on several bones in the chicken. I told the server and he just shrugged. Meanwhile, my wife and son were very happy so the meal was a wash. I would never go back, but they would.

Visited July 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Special calzone ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here recently and really enjoyed our meal . Both of is had calzone pizza and I enjoyed a delicious Sonoma Merlot . Freshly baked bread was offered and was complimentary and delicious with olive oil and pepper. We sat outside and people watched and there was no pressure to move once we had finished. I would definitely return.

“Kitschy Americanized Italian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Kitschy Americanized Italian not even close to real Italian cuisine.
Too much cheese and no taste.
Good service but nothing more.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Yonkers, New York
“Great Lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We really enjoyed Calzone's. The food was delicious and the décor reminded us of our trip to Italy. The specialty drinks were excellent. There are many places to choose from in the Little Italy section of SF but this one is excellent.

Visited July 2014