“Outstanding Italian Meal!”
Review of Fior d'Italia

Fior d'Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Fior d'Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Chestnut Street
Transit: The Powell-Mason Cable Car drops off Taylor and Francisco Sts-1 block away. The Stockton 30 bus line drops off on Columbus and Chestnut Sts.-2 blocks away. The 47 Van Ness drops off North Point and Mason Sts.-2 blocks away. The F-Market Streetcar drops off at Fisherman"s Wharf -5 blocks away.
Description: Opened in 1886, Ristorante Fior d'Italia is America's oldest Italian restaurant. Chef Gianni Audieri continues the tradition of serving authentic Northern Italian cuisine with dishes such as gnocci, osso buco and calamari being called the Best in San Francisco by "The Fior's" customers. We also have private banquet rooms, accommodating from 6 to 130 guests, are available for meetings, receptions, luncheons, and dinners seven days a week. Exclusive use of the entire restaurant for up to 250 guests is also available depending on time and day of the week.Thousands of banquets, parties, business events and weddings have taken place at 'The Fior.' The restaurant and San Francisco share a great history and tradition. In short, Fior d'Italia offers the best of Italy: traditional Italian cuisine and old world service.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We just had a delicious dinner at Fior D'Italia in San Francisco. My daughter and I had eaten there on a trip 7 years ago, and we're anxious to find it again, as we had remembered it as an authentic old fashioned Italian meal. We were not disappointed! Our Caesar salads were ample and excellent, my daughters gnocchi melted in your mouth, and my husband's pasta and my eggplant Parmesan were excellent - not the heavily breaded and deep fried eggplant you find in American style Italian restaurants. This was as good as I tasted in Italy. Portions were generous. The bread was also fresh, crusty and tasty. The ambiance was relaxing, with soft music and a quiet atmosphere - perfect for the end of a busy day. I highly recommend Fior D'Italia!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My teen son and I stayed at San Remo. We went to this restaurant and immediately got attitude when I asked for Italian soda instead of wine (sorry my 14 YO doesn't drink!) we were there 2.5 hours just to get thru meal and desert. We were ready to be leisurely but not due to waiter disappearing for half hour intervals. I saw others get top service, especially those who spoke Italian. I had as much, if not more money than them, but apparently walking in with a teen means staff ignore you. Same with maitre d' who asked me if I wanted cheese on pasta then never returned. I was asked if wanted more coffee which came 20 minutes later. I'm giving 2 stars because the food was good but overshadowed by the awful and slow service!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had dinner twice last week. Consistently good. First night I ordered the ravioli special.
The flavours were spectacular. Wonderful combination of subtle nutmeg, cheese and tomato.
On the second night I had a beautifully prepared halibut, again great flavours.
Very attentive staff. We liked the classic look of the restaurant.
Very reasonably priced wine list.
It is clearly popular with the locals.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lots of fun, good food, good time, great bottle of wine! Our family sat at a table in a private area, our waiter, Lalo, was very attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We chose this restaurant because it was a block from Bimbo 365's (where we were going to see an 80's cover band that evening). It should have been a destination itself. The bread was so fresh and good. The entrees were large, reasonably priced, delicious, and diverse. I had the gnocchi and it was unbelievable. My fiancé had the rabbit, which he loved and ate every bite. Decent wine selection as well. Great service.