“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Market Restaurant

One Market Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
One Market Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Steuart
Transit: One block from the BART/Muni Embarcadero Station. One block from the California Street Trolley line. On the historic Market Street Railine (F-Line).
Sydney
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

One of the best meals I've had in some time. Excellent service, beautiful place, large portions & the set 3 coarse meal was very affordable. Would highly recommend!!

Visited May 2012

• Turkish first
Surrey
“Good but not over the top”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We dined here with a friend who had recommended it. The food was good but not mind blowing and the service could not be faulted apart from being a little bit over the top. The price however was steep for what was served, it was actually the most expensive meal we had eaten on our one month trip across the USA and sadly to say wasn't the best. Lovely looking restaurant just a tad over-pretentious, think you pay more for location rather than the accomplishments of the kitchen staff. I'm sure this is great place for wining and dining clients but if I was looking for a special occasion I would go elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We had a great time with friends. They accommodated our friend by making vegan dishes for her. Our meals (halibut and Ahi) were perfectly prepared, delicious and very nicely presented. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Down to earth fancy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

When we lived near the city, we used to come to One Market often, always enjoying the food...nothing has changed. The food is still delish. I did have to slow down the service a bit, they were bringing our second course before we finished our first, but once I did, our server was right on pace. I started with the Grilled Apricot Salad, with Foie and Duck Proscuitto ($16.00) (I'm going to miss that Foie); my husband had the Smoked Trout with a Poached Egg that was served on a crisp potato chive "pancake" ($15.00)- so good, and fun to just break that perfectly cooked egg and let it ooze over the dish. Being in a ducky kind of mood, for my main I had the grilled duck breast with Foie/Sausage on Farro with Nettles ($29.50)(I did mention I was going to miss that Foie?) Wonderful. The breast was cut perfectly and the farro was oh so good, with a wonderful Earl Grey Jus. My husband had the Pan Roasted Sturgeon with Spring Vegetables (also $29.50) - perfectly cooked fish with a wonderful array of fresh vegetables...YUM! As we were meeting friends later, we skipped dessert, but I'll bet it would have been great too!

LindySez: I've missed you One Market. Not overly fancy, but down to earth good!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Business Entertaining well done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

My party grew from three to four and the restaurant not only seated us on time but made the transition seamless. The cocktail service was first class and the martini and gibson just right. Our group ordered the pork tenderloins wrapped in bacon, the lamb shank and salmon dishes along with ceasar salads, carrot and cod soup, and crab soup. Each dish was prepared to order, served in an attractive manner and at a seemingly unhurried pace amidst the high energy of this restaurant. The wine list is impressive and we relished two bottles of Groth cabernet 08 which you do not see on pedestrian menus. I would recommend this restaurant to any business traveler who needs to make a good impression in SF.

• 5 of 5 bubbles