“Great Indian food”
Review of Mehfil Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Mehfil Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Santa Barbara, California
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Excellent food and very reasonable. Great for take out. Order online and deliver.
Everything was delicious . Large shrimp. No rubber shrimp here. Highly recommend

• Visited January 2013

Tonsberg, Norway
“Very good indian”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We wanted to eat lunch there sadly we got there 5 minutes after 15.00 so it was closed ...but we still got take out, the food was delicious.Sure worth a try!

• Visited December 2012
Monrovia, California
“Great Indian take-out”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was staying at the Courtyard Marriott on the corner of Second and Folsom this week. I checked in at about dinnertime, and asked what was nearby. The reservations clerk suggested Mehfil, not just because it is across the street from the hotel, but because she said "It's really good".

So I wandered over, and ordered takeout. I'm not a frequenter of Indian Restaurants, but here is what I ordered:

Kachumber Salad and Raita (to double as breakfast),Chicken-Do-Piyaza (cooked with onions, mangoes, ginger, garlic. Plus Punjabi Channa Paneer - a spicy mix of garbanzos, those fresh cheese cubes called paneer, in a delicious sauce of pomegranate, royal cumin, pepper, 18 spice powder, ginger, garlic, onions and jalapenos. I also ordered Chapati/roti, a naan like bread. Delicious basmati rice comes with all orders. My bill was $39, served for two dinners and two breakfasts. The naan got dried out, tho, in my room fridge.

I ordered take-out to bring to my parents another night. They live across the Golden Gate Bridge, so I visited them on several times at night. For their dinner, I ordered Mehfil-E-Curry, chicken with onions, ginger, garlic,tomatoes. And a different Paneer, Paneer Makhani, and the cucumber salad and Raita (for my breakfast). That bill came to $29, with rice included, so again, that served 2 meals for my parents and 1 for me, plus breakfasts.

First night, I got back to my hotel room and noticed no condiments or silverware. Not a problem, as I had silverwear. But second time I asked for the hot sauces, they include 3 different ones in 3 little nested containers wrapped in plastic wrap.

Oh, the hotel told me they deliver, too. I was really pleased with my choices!

• Visited November 2012
Hitchin
“True Indian cuisine”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Visited this restaurant twice in one week with friends because the food is excellent. The lamb dishes are moist and very tender with a variety of sauces. I particularly enjoyed the dopiaza. For starters the samosas were outstanding, probably the best I have even tasted and as we come from Britain we are used to good Indian food. Prices were very reasonable and service prompt and not in any way pushy.

The only thing that lets the restaurant down is the fact that it looks more like a diner than a restaurant. An upgrade of the decor and fittings would help.

• Visited December 2012
hawaii
“Spend an enjoyable eating excursion”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

4 of us went to Mehfil 2 days ago. We had all been there 5 years ago and had kept their card. It was a wonderful memory AND it now has created more wonderful memories. The food and service and attentiveness is absolutely OUTSTANDING!!!!
We started off the meal by sharing 2 orders of the best Samosas we have ever, ever had. ($3.95 each portion for 2) and Vege Pakora (1 portion fed the 4 of us--$4.50). We had two orders of the Korma-E-Goshi (lamb cubes cooked in a creamy sauce of almonds, cashews, pistachios, coconut, saffron and spices--need I say more?? YUM!! One of us ordered the Lamb-DO-Piyaza (lamb cubes cooked with onions.mangos, ginger and garlic)-this was rated with another OUTSTANDING. Our other friend ordered the Gosht Rumwala (lamb cubes cooked in a curry base of garlic, ginger, onions and a hint of rum). He thought this was terrific and after I tasted it--I agree!!!TERRIFIC. We had one order of Naan Bread which was enough for all of us. We had a bottle of wine and the entire bill with tip came $52 per couple.

• Visited November 2012