“Good Food and Service”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 20 May 2013

On our trip to San Francisco we were treated to this fine Indian restaurant. We ordered several dishes which were seasoned nicely and garlic naan. The service was attentive. The setting was very comfortable and we left happy after a long flight.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The service is good, food fresh and flavors great. The interior of the restaurant is quite basic, so don't expect cush or mod here. Staff are super friendly. Will return but more likely for carryout & eat at my hotel

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Excellent food and very reasonable. Great for take out. Order online and deliver.
Everything was delicious . Large shrimp. No rubber shrimp here. Highly recommend

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We wanted to eat lunch there sadly we got there 5 minutes after 15.00 so it was closed ...but we still got take out, the food was delicious.Sure worth a try!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was staying at the Courtyard Marriott on the corner of Second and Folsom this week. I checked in at about dinnertime, and asked what was nearby. The reservations clerk suggested Mehfil, not just because it is across the street from the hotel, but because she said "It's really good".

So I wandered over, and ordered takeout. I'm not a frequenter of Indian Restaurants, but here is what I ordered:

Kachumber Salad and Raita (to double as breakfast),Chicken-Do-Piyaza (cooked with onions, mangoes, ginger, garlic. Plus Punjabi Channa Paneer - a spicy mix of garbanzos, those fresh cheese cubes called paneer, in a delicious sauce of pomegranate, royal cumin, pepper, 18 spice powder, ginger, garlic, onions and jalapenos. I also ordered Chapati/roti, a naan like bread. Delicious basmati rice comes with all orders. My bill was $39, served for two dinners and two breakfasts. The naan got dried out, tho, in my room fridge.

I ordered take-out to bring to my parents another night. They live across the Golden Gate Bridge, so I visited them on several times at night. For their dinner, I ordered Mehfil-E-Curry, chicken with onions, ginger, garlic,tomatoes. And a different Paneer, Paneer Makhani, and the cucumber salad and Raita (for my breakfast). That bill came to $29, with rice included, so again, that served 2 meals for my parents and 1 for me, plus breakfasts.

First night, I got back to my hotel room and noticed no condiments or silverware. Not a problem, as I had silverwear. But second time I asked for the hot sauces, they include 3 different ones in 3 little nested containers wrapped in plastic wrap.

Oh, the hotel told me they deliver, too. I was really pleased with my choices!