“Tiny place with high quality Italian”
Review of Stelline - CLOSED

Stelline
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hayes Valley
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family stumbled onto this little restaurant after a long day exploring San Francisco. We had to wait a couple of minutes to be seated, but that was no big deal. The entire place holds about a dozen tables, with most of them for two people. Once seated, we were given a large plate of garlic bread and our drinks very quickly. I had a tough time choosing between their menu items because they all looked great. I settled on a shrimp pasta, while other members of my family got a pizza and a chicken dish. All were very good. Portion size was good, without the typical huge amount of leftovers. Flavors were very good, and the pasta was cooked perfectly. Sauces ranged from good to excellent, and none were overpowering in either flavor or quantity. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is great, right in the neighborhood of many cultural activities in the Hayes Valley. Prices were surprisingly low. We had a very pleasant meal, and I'd recommend it to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Yes, this restaurant has a very nice Italian Menu. The food is very delicious and very Italian. Reservations are a must because the café is not very big and they are always in demand. enjoy a nice dinning experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had a nice meal at Stelline before a lecture at the nearby Nourse Theater. Food was fresh, well prepared, fast and with pleasant service. Good wine list. Good place to go for a pleasant meal before a cultural outing at the symphony, opera or Asian Art Museum.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stumbled across this little restaurant on the way to a show at the Rickshaw Stop. Will definitely seek this out again. Good food, good wine list, easy service, reasonable prices. Near to a little bookstore for after-dinner browsing too.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I was walking ending my day and looking for a nice place to sit and review my nexts days in the city when I founded this little spot, nice food, nice people and tjlhe most important. ..food is great: try sparragus raviolis special..great..