“Wait longer than anticipated, but worth it.”
Review of Foreign Cinema

Foreign Cinema
Reserve with OpenTable
Foreign Cinema is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #274 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st St.
Transit: MUNI: 14 Mission bus; BART: 16th & 24th/Mission station
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stopped in SFO for a day and met up with friends. They suggested lunch here and were more than happy. We took a seat at the bar whilst waiting for our table (have the lavender lemonade- oh YUM!) we were told the table would be 15-20minutes well it took 35 which was just enough to be annoying. But we were rewarded with nice friendly service and wonderful tasty dishes. I had the frisee lardon with duck which was so good I would could hardly part with tastes for my companions. Everything we ordered was lovely. I would return again. Service whilst good was a little slow.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We chose this restaurant to celebrate a significant birthday for a family member. We knew that Foreign Cinema was a San Fran icon, and having eaten here we can see why. From the cheerful and friendly waiting staff to the delicious food and fabulous ambience the memory of our dining experience will always bring a smile to my face. We had a party of eight and every single course was exceptional, from the opening starter of oysters to the port chop, duck and crispy chicken all mouth wateringly delicious. We will come back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service was near perfect. I would go back my next visit to San Francisco. The restaurant appears to have been built in an old movie theatre. Old foreign movies are projected on the back wall of the garden all nice. (No sound)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went here without a reservation, but had some really good drinks in the bar. We asked for a seat in the garden outside and the host was very nice and got us the perfect table. We ordered several appetizers and made ​​a kind of tapas to try several things and the food was near perfection. The baked squash was one of the best I have tasted.

They also show movies on screen at night and showed the film "Here" when we were there. Incredibly romantic. Perfect place for a date!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

It is fun to feel sooo French in the heart of San Francisco! We went there expecting an American experience, dining in the movies, so much 60's....
We found a wonderful terrace, bistro style, with s great atmosphere.
I knew i would enjoy the evening even before i saw the menu.
The good was good with some daring combinations that really work.
What i loved most was the chocolate pot a creme with rosemary. An uncommom combination that got me! You can wake me up in the middle of the night for this desert.