“So disappointed terrible experience ”

Southern Pacific Brewing
Ranked #3,767 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We walked out of our way to go to the brewery looking forward to some interesting beers. It is quite a hike from anywhere else.
On arrival we were stopped by a bouncer asked for ID we are in our late thirties but fair enough handed over our UK photo driving licences and told they were not good enough had to be our passports not allowed in for a drink or to use the bathroom and no apology . Spoilt our day as you do not tend to carry your passport around when sightseeing. So take heed

1  Thank Tinkerbell216
There are newer reviews for Southern Pacific Brewing

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Found this brewery on Yelp and decided, since I was gonna be walking around the Mission, to give it a try for beer. Reviews said their sage fries were great so I tried those too. I went on a Monday afternoon at lunch time. I was happy to find the place very uncrowded. The bartender was helpful, suggested their IPA which I sampled then ordered. I grabbed a table outside under an umbrella and a couple minutes later the sage fries were served. The IPA was good – not overly hoppy like so many microbrews do now (sigh). Look, I love beer (I live in Germany so I know bier) but the IPAs in America have mostly gone way, way to over-the-top on hoppiness. Sermon endeth. This IPA had a nice hop taste but not too much. The sage fries were wonderful! And a huge serving – so much so that I didn’t get to lunch in the Mission!

I really liked Southern Pacific at lunch. Great service, not crowded, and nice beer. Can’t ask for more.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This busy place was quite crowded with many young people on a Wednesday night and it took us a while to find a table for our large group. Once we were settled with our beer, we placed our orders. Very promptly all 17 orders came out, correctly, hot and delicious. Prices were reasonable and the food very good.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Enjoyed the spot. As we just came from another brewery for brunch, I stuck with the nonalcoholic Ginger Beer, but my friends enjoyed the house brewed Extra IPA ad IPA. The food looked and smelled wonderful as the wait staff flew it by as we sat at the spacious bar. The place is located in an industrial area and difficult to find (fortunately we had met up with some locals that took us all there). There is an outdoor area to eat and drink as well, with a young and hip lunch crowd. I imagine it is jamming after dark! Good place to just kick-it and relax in the afternoon with lots of light pouring in.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

What impressed me the most was that they had Lanson Brut for $80 - that's inexpensive for a restaurant of this caliber. Beautiful, modern interior, cuisine was somewhat on the "sturdier, heavier" side. Young tech entrepreneur scene.