“Flavors and freshness unbeatable”

Burma Superstar Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, Thai
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This place is awesome for lunch. Burmease food is influenced by Asia and India. The place is always busy so the food is so fresh. I had the famous tea leaf salad, lettuce nuts and seeds,dry shrimp powder,cooked green tea leaves, delicious. The chicken w basil was so full flavored with Asian ingredients you wanna lick the bowl. Always get the side of coconut rice. There are currys Veges, seafood,vegetarian selection, the menu is large and something for everyone and "different"
selections and flavors. If you haven't gone here yet please do you won't be disappointed. They are open for dinner as well. Very casual and the service is very good.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My daughter found out about this place and we went and had a wonderful dinner. Each of the four entrees were amazing. I have to admit that I was surprised how much I loved the food. The service was friendly and helpful, especially with people like me that had a lot about what was on the menu. This place is not about atmosphere - its ALL about the food.

One thing we have learned about San Francisco. This is a city where people expect good food., Drive around the neighbors away from the tourist areas and look for the places with long lines out front - the line outside of Burma Superstar was about 10 when we got there and 20 when we left. Go early to avoid the lines.

1  Thank JJS3
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We had dinner here one evening and the food was excellent. I had the Burmese shrimp with coconut jasmine rice=excellent! The restaurant is a bit off the beaten path if you are staying in one of the touristy areas downtown, such as Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Financial District, etc. However, if you are looking for something different and good, this is your place. Be prepared to wait for a table. We called ahead from our hotel 15 minutes in advanced and then waited 15 minutes once we arrived, but was so worth it!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I went to the restaurant on the back of a Lonely Planet recommendation. As I was relying on public transport I had to walk from Golden Gate Park which took a while but once there it was totally worth it.

I got there at 11.30 and got a table straight away but within 30 minutes the place was full!

The food is delicious. I had a lovely pork and pickled mango curry.

The service was good too, quick and friendly.

I'd recommend this place between visiting the Golden Gate Park and the Golden Gate Bridge.

1  Thank psymon1969
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We waited about 1.5 hours to get a table here on a Sunday night before a red eye flight. I have to say, this place was amazing. I never had Burmese food before, but it was a mix of Thai, Indian and Chinese... pretty awesome. We got the famous tea leaf salad and the salad with 20 ingredients, I liked the latter because even though it had all those ingredients, everyone of them was recognizable. We also got some entrees curry chicken was amazing, YOU MUST order a side of coconut rice... I've been eating basmati rice all my life and never had it like this... truely amazing.