“Great fine dining in a beautiful setting”
Review of Sociale

Sociale
Reserve with OpenTable
Sociale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #698 of 5,981 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust St./Spruce St.
Transit: MUNI: 1 California, 33 Ashbury, 43 Masonic
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Friends took us here for a mid week dinner as we visited SF. We so enjoyed the lovely ambience of this eating establishment. So many exquisite items on the menu it's difficult to select. Well everyone picked tasty options that fully satisfied. Gorgeous presentation, attentive service and do I s, completely ready to return asap. Elegant, tasteful, delicious, welcome. What more could you want.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Each time we visit San Francisco we always make it a point to come here for lunch and dinner. Year after year, this is one of our favorite places to be. The food and service are exceptional and the cozy restaurant with an outdoor patio is lovely. May I recommend the pappardelle duck ragu?!

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

This is Truly San Francisco's darling little secret. A friend and I decided to have foodie adventure and stumbled upon this beautiful area on Sacramento. It's a small restaurant behind a cute shopping area on Sacramento st. I tried and Cornish and whatever my friend ordered was tasty. It's a bit on the pricey side but I would return.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Sociale has gotten better over the past few years. Forget the ridiculous pronunciation gimmick with the name, but Sociale fulfills a critical role in the Laurel Village area as perhaps the most "neighborhoody" spot with food you'd actually want to eat -- the other contender being Garibaldi's, which can be good despite not enough elbow room, but it feels more like "going out" on the town, more a martini place than a glass of Barolo. A few old tropes around the edges, with the sweet potato gnocchi not needing the prominent fried sage *and* so much chopped chestnut and holiday spice flavor. But the fried olives are always good, and the overall experience good enough to warrant return visits when you want a warm, intimate Italian place in an otherwise empty part of town. The wine list is limited but totally satisfactory. I recommend it.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Sacramentos Street has a number of very good restaurants. Sociale is an elegant little space where you can be seated way too close to other diners. I loved the service, the petrale sole was very good, and I think the couples on either side of us were intrigued by my date and me. Had been there twice - will return and avoid tiny tables for two.

1  Thank Kerry D