“Hidden neighborhood Gem!”
Review of Sociale

Sociale
Reserve with OpenTable
Sociale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #700 of 5,976 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust St./Spruce St.
Transit: MUNI: 1 California, 33 Ashbury, 43 Masonic
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Our friends recommend we try out Sociale. I am very picky with my food & Sociale didn’t disappoint. We started with the homemade meatballs which I would normally never try & they were absolutly homemade fantastic covered in delicious gravy. I had the amazing short ribs over risotto, yum! My son scarfed down the linguini and clams. Don’t miss this restaurant. ;)

Reviewed 25 November 2017

This was my third visit to a restaurant which pleased me in the past. However, the pici bolognese was basically a bowl drowning in sauce, with very little pasta, and the Wagyu braised ribs were dry, although on an excellent polenta "mash." But what was offensive was the behavior of the wine steward. Although there were three in our party, we made it clear that only two of us would be sharing a bottle of wine. He came with three glasses anyway, and then, after pouring the wine, went away with our bottle. When, after about twenty minutes, the bottle never reappeared, I asked our waiter to track it down. The wine steward then came back, plopped the bottle on our table, and disappeared. At dessert, two of us ordered the cheese plate. There were supposed to be four cheeses, but there were two slices of the same cheese because "they were out" of another cheese. At least the kitchen could have furnished a substitute. For the prices Sociale charges, I would expect more professionalism and courtesy.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Sociale gives off the best of impressions right off the bat when you walk down an adorable alley to get to it. You're also able to enjoy a beautiful outdoor seating area because they have really good heaters that keep you warm. The wait staff and sommelier are very knowledge and we had the best wine and dinner. No wonder this place is Michelin star rated. It was one of the best dinners I've ever had. The seafood spaghetti was to die for. I definitely recommend for a special occasion.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

One of our favorite "hits" in the area! Only been there 3-4 times, but look forward to going again and again...and again! Excellent food and service in all the times we've been.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Started out as a lovely evening on their beautiful terrace, the kale salad was dressed nicely , followed by the duck paparadelle which we shared was delicious . All three of us ordered the fresh petrale for our entree and it was horrible. Over cooked, no flavor and served over huge beans which also had no flavor, at $30 I was choking it down. Even dessert was marginal, the sabayon was very grainy and separated. We had previously enjoyed many wonderful meals here, not sure I'll return. So sad.