“Great find while in the Castro”

Sweet Inspiration Bakery
Ranked #67 of 151 Dessert in San Francisco
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Had to drop through and show this place some love. I was able to patronize this establishment while waiting for a tour of the Castro to begin. I had their cinnamon roll warmed up which was to die for!! The attendant was very friendly and helpful and it appears the business is minority (black) owned which I always think is great! When my travels bring me back to SF I look forward to stopping by this cozy, local, spot again!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Sweet Inspirations located in the Castro neighborhood of San Francisco is a local treasure. The bake good are delicious and portions are generous. On my recent visit I decided to try an item from the Breakfast and Brunch menu, Eggs Florentina. Must say, I was pleasantly surprised. This savory dish was a hit out of the park. The presentation on par with the best around. You must give Sweet Inspirations a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have included a visit to this excellent cafe/bakery on every trip I have made to San Francisco over the last 20 years and the quality, variety of choice of gateaux and cheesecakes, and giant sized slices has never varied.
It's easy to find opposite Becks Motel on Market Street,if you take the Castro Street streetcar to Church St.
Particularly recommended are the poppyseed gateau and the orange gateau. But if you prefer Black Forest, Red Velvet, or Lemon Coconut, they have them all. The range of cheesecake is equally impressive. But be prepared to need a box to take home with you what you can't manage in one siting.
There are equally good cookies and muffins for the faint hearted....

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Sweet Inspirations is a little out of the way for the San Francisco tourist. This is a neighborhood place that you have to know about, and we accidentally found it on a quick trip to the city. Now it's a must stop, no matter what. The cakes are absolutely great and the service is warm and friendly. We can't give a specific recommendation for a snack choice, as everything we've had there is great. If you haven't been there yet, you have to go.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The portions are huge! We came here after dinner to have dessert and I decided to have the hot chocolate and two of my friends had banana cake and Salted Caramel cake and the slices were humongous! They had to split their slices of cake and take half of it home as the cakes are three layers! They said it was good and they also serve Mitchell's ice cream! They have cheesecakes, cakes and cookies! This is a good place to hang out late on Saturday nights.