“My new favorite ethnic food”
Review of Fresca

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ulloa-Vicente
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“My new favorite ethnic food”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I don't know a lot about Peruvian food, this was my first time. I do know I want to go back and try other dishes. I had one with steak strips sautéed end with vegetables and potatoes with rice. So good. Everyone in my party loved what they had - the paella, the blackened fish, the pork chop, the seafood stew. We arrived too early for the roasted chicken, but saw someone who had ordered it as we were leaving. That looked good!

Visited July 2013

Irvine, California
“Sangria is my friend!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My friend and her boyfriend took me to Fresca during my last visit to SF and it did not disappoint! First of all ...if you like Sangria, this is your place! Excellent!...and the prices are very reasonable. We had the ahi and smoked trout, crispy honey wontons, and the empanadas to start...all were incredible...the ahi and smoked trout is like a party in your mouth! I had the seared ahi entree and it was cooked perfectly! The three of us got out the door with all that and two pitchers of sangria for $170 with tip!

• Visited April 2013
San Francisco
“Good but pricey peruvian”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Ceviche is very authentic and fresh. Salads are fresh and tasty, esp. the crab salad. The lomo saltado is okay imo, but its never been my favorite dish anyway so dont take my word for it. The place is a bit cramped inside; intimate, but not great for large parties.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Good food. Peruvian food is very tasty and Fresca does a great job. They recently updated their menu and no longer have my favorite fish tacos at lunch time. the Yucca fries are great. Good food and 100 points on opentable.com.

• Visited March 2013
West Cork Ireland
“Long wait for lunch”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We had lunch here on a recent visit. The service was poor and not very polite. We waited a long time to be served and the paella was a bit disappointing as the fish was overdone. We had eaten there before and it was much better on the previous visit. A long wait is not acceptable at lunchtime as people may be rushing back to work.

• Visited November 2012