“Still amazing pizza (Indian!) after 25 years!”

Zante's Pizza and Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1,871 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Twenty five years ago, my husband and I traveled to San Francisco with my parents. My dad wanted to take us out to a French restaurant on Mission St. When we arrived, the restaurant was barely standing after just recently almost burning down. Where to go now? We turned around, drove around and found Zante's Pizza. I told my dad if it was a hole in the wall dive, I would have to leave (not realizing then that those are the best places to eat sometimes!). The pizza then was amazingly good! After that visit, my dad would boast to me that he would pick up a pizza on the way home from a business trip to eat on the plane.
Fast forward twenty five years later. I had dined at another restaurant in San Francisco, but I knew I had to get to Zante's before going back to Napa. We found the restaurant, walked in and ordered two slices of cheese pizza. The pizza was just as hot, the cheese just as stringy and fresh and it had a touch of garlic to the taste. It was amazingly great, and I fell in love with Zante's pizza all over again! I don't know about the Indian cuisine, but I know that when I go back again to SF, I will sit in the restaurant and order a whole pizza pie! It is just that good!

1  Thank AlliTC

Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

Vegetarian Indian Pizza. Oh wow. I had my doubts, but they were dispelled as soon as our pizza hit the table. I don't even like ginger, but this was *godly.* the veggie pakoras was great too- in love with that pizza though.

Reviewed 15 March 2009

crappy indian food, good for a late night indian pizza delivered

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 1 February 2009

I only order the Indian pizza here. So good!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 10 January 2008

I really loved the Sag Paneer I would always ask the delivery guy there (whom I was dating then) to bring home. The Indian pizza is kind of addictive, surprisingly. Also surprised they are still in business.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook