“Catch of the evening!”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Cross street: Between Castro & 16th Sts.
Transit: Muni: K,L,M,22,24,15,37
Reviewed 27 July 2014

From start to finish we greatly enjoyed this meal. Our server Tylor, as we later learned Barry Tylor Moore-Honey, knows customer service. The atmosphere was comfortable and non-assuming.
We started off with the Mussels sautéed with chorizo, harissa (a Maghrebian hot Chili pepper paste), and spicy coconut broth, it was an interesting and delightful combination. For our main meals we shared the braised short ribs and the sea bass. The delicious short ribs were boneless and served with perfectly prepared wild mushroom risotto, kale and a swirl of chipotle jus. The evening's special was the grilled sea bass (a little overcooked) with braised fennel, cauliflower puree and port reduction. We somehow had room for a very delicious chocolate and vanilla crème brulee with a great tasting coffee. To top it all off, the background music was the wonderful tones of a live pianist.

If your not from the neighborhood, parking may be a task. However, the friendly and precise service and the combination of flavors was a splendid Catch of the evening!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The menu for Catch is very deceptive. It describes these wonderful ingredients and cuts of meat/fish, but the recipes fall very, very short. For the price of the entree and drinks, I was very disappointed. For the appetizer portion of our meal, I chose the crab cakes. They were ok, but not horrible. My husband tried the tuna flatbread and it was so bad that he sent it back to the kitchen. It was really gross. The flavors did not blend and the tuna was awful. I ordered the halibut for my entree and my husband ordered the scallops. The fish was lack-luster and way over-priced for the dish. The scallops were mediocre at best. We played it safe for dessert and ordered the chocolate lava cake with ice cream. It was good, but did not make up for the previous dishes. I will not be recommending this place to friends, nor will I be returning.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great place! This is in the Market/Castro district so not in the very centre of town. It is well worth the journey though. The place was absolutely heaving and there were lots of locals which is usually a sign of good food.

We weren't disappointed this was one of our best meal in San Francisco. The Napolean Dungeness Crab starter and Halibut main course was simply delicious.

Great atmosphere, great quality food, great service - I guess you can't ask for much more. Would definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went there for dinner on the recommendation of our son who lives nearby. Everyone thought their food was very good. I had mixed seafood grill and grilled asparagus, and both were very good. Service was good and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Just landed in SF and a friend took me here for a quick bite. I ordered the Calamari apps and the Halibut entree. Both dishes were beautifully prepared and was equally delicious. We ended the meal with a caramelized banana split sundae.
The service was excellent and very attentive.