“Great Seafood”

Ranked #16 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Description: Pacific Catch is a comfortable West Coast Fish House bringing together local California sensibility and the spirit of island hospitality. happy hour | outside seating | take-out
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A great place for seafood and tacos in the marina. Get the steak tacos or some fresh fish. Their Salmon is amazing!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Really nice flavours and friendly service. We stayed at the Coventry Motor Inn and this was within walking distance. It is quite a small place, so don't be surprised if you have to wait a little while for a seat. It is worth the wait though!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have definitely been cherry picking the restaurants I visit based on the trip advisor reviews, most are pretty good as you would expect, but this pick was exceptional.
Its quite a small hole in the wall kind of place with limited seating, good atmosphere if a little crowded.
With the cramped tables I could see that it could be challenging with small children as they have to be better behaved considering the small space. We had done a lot of walking so my two were extremely tired when we got there, for this reason it worked well for us. Because of the kids we were there just around 5pm. There was no wait for a table at this time but by the time we left there was a substantial line-up. Would definitely recommend getting there early or late and not trying to eat at peak times.
The cramped surroundings was the only negative for this place however, the food was exceptional and the service was friendly and prompt.
The ahi tuna poke was very good and I the portion was surprisingly generous. Meal portions were good and the ingredients were obviously fresh. Owner served us and he was very friendly, he recommended the main course and wine for me and both were exceptional.
Overall I though this was the best restaurant I have visited in a good while once the price point is balanced against the quality of the food. On a return visit to San Francisco this restaurant is going to be the first on my list to visit.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were staying at the Cow Hollow Motor Inn on the corner of Lombard and Steiner in the Marina District, and this small, delightful Pacific Catch was located right around the corner on Chestnut. It is very small. At times I felt as if our server could have reached into the kitchen with one hand, grabbed our plates, and then put them right on our table without actually moving. I had the grilled salmon salad which featured a nicely sized filet of salmon and some of the best greens I've ever tasted. My wife had a wasabi Ahi sandwich which she loved. We drank a Poppy Chardonnay which was tasty and reasonably priced. Our server was enthusiastic and friendly. I'd go here again in a second.

1  Thank travellingparents
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Twice in 24hrs! Pacific Catch is a real hidden gem. The restaurant is tiny so expect a wait (no booking option in this particular one). It only has a few tables and seats at the counter but if you get one then you're in for a real treat! Yummy fish and great prices. 5*****