“Delicious, exciting, value for money”

Restaurant Gary Danko
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gary Danko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 5,663 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$70 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Delicious, exciting, value for money”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The quality of the food was exceptional and the menu was exciting and vibrant. I thought it was fantastic value for money and I would recommend going if you can. We managed to get a place at the bar without reservation and I actually thought it was just as good if not better than having a table, but I think we were very lucky to get it. I would reserve next time as I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to eat at this place again!

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful restaurant with great food!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We made reservations two months in advance and managed to get a table for 5 for a 530pm seating on a Friday night. The restaurant was already fully seated when we arrived. It does sound a little crazy but after having our 5 course meal, we would definitely do it again when we are back in San Francisco the next time. We loved everything we tried but our favourite were the oysters. Besides the great food, I was also very impressed with the level of service and flexibility in managing orders as we had a 6 and 8 year old with us.

Oakland, California
“Best SF has to offer? Unimpressed.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Was looking forward to eating at a great SF restaurant. My meal was okay -- the only thing memorable was the chestnut spaetlze. Overall, disappointing given its high rating in so many sources. So happy we had a gift certificate so that we didn't waste our money here. Still searching for great SF restaurants. I can confidently say this isn't one them.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Kristy S
San Antonio, Texas
“Make you feel special”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We called while in SF, and were able to get a 9:30 reservation. It was a wonderful experience! The food was lovely and everything we tried was tasty. The food and the wine were very good, but the service is what makes this such a special place to visit. From the time they check your coats, till they help you on with your coats and hand you a beautifully packaged banana cake ( which was outstanding!) to take home with you, you feel special and welcomed. All the employees were friendly, efficient, and made sure we all felt comfortable and enjoyed our dining experience.

Visited May 2014
Oakville, Canada
“Truly an excellent meal”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recently visited for an anniversary meal. I've read the various comments here but have to say we had a flawless evening. The service was excellent from start to finish. I think the important difference from many other restaurants is that the staff worked as a team to create a great experience. Often you are dependent on one server and it can be a bit hit or miss as to how good that is, here they all pulled waiter, sommelier and supporting staff - even the bread guy (I assume that's entry level lol - still managed to be professional).

Food was great course after course (there has been plenty of comments about that) , and an excellent cheese selection.

I highly recommend if you are looking for a great (not cheap) special occasion dinner.

• Visited May 2014