“A good but not extraordinary dinner”
Review of Ristorante Milano

Ristorante Milano
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Milano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Between Hyde and Larkin
Transit: SF Muni Line 12, 49 (on Van Ness Avenue); Cable Car
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We've dined at Ristorante Milano before and enjoyed it greatly. This time we got there near closing on a rainy Tuesday night in November and our experience of the food was less impressive. Whether it was the week night, the lateness or just an off night is hard to tell.

Wine offerings by the glass were good and varied -- a very nice Barbera was our favorite. Our meal began with the winter salad of beets,orange, goat cheese -- nice enough but not remarkable. Our mains were lamb chops, ordered rare and delivered rarer than I've even seen anything this side of seared ahi, and the ravioli special of the evening. The bowl of ravioli wasn't very large, and the flavor, while pleasant enough, was just not very memorable.

Our server, on the other hand, was an absolute gem -- lively, personable, very attentive.

Probably worth another try, but this evening was not up to prior experience.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our family was on vacation together in San Francisco. We chose this restaurant for a dinner for all of us. We had a reservation and were shown right to our table upon our arrival. Our waiter was knowledgeable and patient with us throughout the meal and very helpful during the ordering process. We shared a bruschetta appetizer as well as the cured meats. I think someone may have licked a plate they were so good. We took advantage of the specials for our some of our entres and they were fantastic! There is no way we will miss going here when we visit SF again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Outstanding food, elegant place,superb wine list and last but not least the atmosphere generated by the owner Aldo Blasi.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I went here with a group and ordered lamb chops. Normally I would expect a largish plate with four or five thick chops, but this time there were only two, and they weren't that big, although tasty enough. Perhaps lamb is not a popular meat in USA. I had to pay $48 for this with a glass of chianti, which I thought was a bit steep for this quantity. It's a good job I had good company, and the service was good too.

1  Thank Ian4
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This is the second time in two years that I've eaten at Ristorante Milano. The bruschetta was absolutely fantastic and the lamb and homemade pasta dish I had was excellent. The food was every bit as good as I've eaten in Italy and the Sangiovese wine was wonderful! This is the best Italian I've had outside of Italy!