“Great food, service, and views”
Review of Greens Restaurant

Greens Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Greens Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Cross street: Laguna/Marina
Description: While enjoying one of San Francisco's most dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands, diners savor Chef Annie Somerville’s imaginative vegetarian cuisine that features local seasonal organic produce and the finest ingredients. Greens emphasizes wonderful dishes created with a balance of colors, flavor and a contrast of textures inspired by the cuisines of the Mediterranean, Asia, Mexico and the American Southwest.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Awesome brunch! The service was so good and unobtrusive, really outstanding.

I had the poached eggs with polenta and my bf had the Pinnacles scramble. We started with a bowl of fruit, my bf thought was the best fruit combo he ever had, he loved all of it. I had a bloody mary it was delightful! We also shared a flour-less chocolate tort and a lovely tawny port.

Loved all of it. Perfect for vegetarians and all others,

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Even non-vegetarians will find the perfect meal at Greens. The atmosphere is very pleasant. Service is genuinely friendly and helpful. You will love the view as well!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I've got to admit, looking at the menu online filled me with a bit of trepidation. The style dishes and predominance of dairy products seemed uninspiring and definitely from a different age of vegetarianism. But the trip (and what a journey it was, walking through the park from Fisherman's wharf) was worth the effort. We arrived 5 minutes before the end of lunch service and were relieved that we were seated without fuss and allowed to eat a leisurely meal.

The place like the food is simple and stimulates the senses; the reclaimed wood, large windows with million dollar view of the marina and bridge, and the large art pieces. We arrived harried and stressed and felt chilled within minutes.

The food was better than I expected but as mentioned, I didn't have huge expectations. What surprised me (as both a gardener and organic market shopper) was the flavour. The baby potatoes and corn on my brochette were the most flavoursome I've ever eaten. And that's saying something.

This restaurant doesn't wow you in the usual ways. It's understated, like the food. As tourists in San Francisco, walking to Greens and spending an hour or two soaking up the calm was well worth the diversion. I may have eaten more innovative vegetarian food before but the quality of the produce made it a standout. And for a chef to leave their ego aside and prepare a meal where the vegetables speak for themselves, is a rare treat.

1  Thank AustralasianGal
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Nice to find an upscale vegetarian restaurant with a creative but not whacky menu. Spectacular view of Golden Gate Bridge. This place is indeed a gem.

2  Thank MarkWing
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Our brunch got off to a bad start when we arrived for our reservation and waited...and waited...and waited for our table. We finally got some food about an hour later than our reservation. But the food was excellent. I'm not sure I'd say it was worth the wait, but we all enjoyed the meal. Their bloody mary is very potent! Maybe I should have had one while we were waiting. Bottom line--I'm not sure I would go back even though the food is very good.