“Insult to Italian kitchen”

Ristorante Franchino
Ranked #115 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Insult to the Italian kitchen.sorry, this I cannot believe. How can all reviews be so good. This is not good. We ate with 3. we had the salmon proscitto, the veal parmasan, the chicken garlic and aubergine parmazan. The bread was old, the salmon old and very ery salty as well as the veal, the aubergine was no aubergine but some kind of ommelette, no trace of eggplant. Still want to go here. Judge for you self, but decide to leave once you tried the first dish and go while you still can safe your evening and money (100usd). we thought to give it a chance; do not make the same mistake.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a really nice dinner at this little place. Strangely the olive oil was delicious (I don't usually notice the taste of olive oil). I had the arriabiatta which was spicy, I was probably a little too adventurous because I couldn't finish it due to the heat so if you like it spicy get this dish.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Although the whole area feels a little bit like a tourist trap, we heard this was one of the best Italian restaurant in Little Italy. The mussels were splendid with a spicy sauce. We also really liked the seafood pasta and the cheesecake was great. It is a family restaurant and there were a lot of italian customers which is always a good sign. There was one waiter (lady) that did not speak Italian so I would have preferred one of the other family members to serve us.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This dish was fantastic!!! Loved the spicy sauce and it tasted so fresh. I wish I had the recipe on this one. A little if everything for your family's taste hear...

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

The bread was average - just typical Italian bread. But the food was good. While my homemade gnoicci were so salty - probably because the sprinkled a ton of cheese on it - my husbands chicken parmegiane was excellent and so were tje kods meals. The sauce was so so - but i am used ti my dad's.

1  Thank CA_Blond_SFO