“Great beer, good food and friendly staff and patrons”

Kennedy's Irish Pub and Curry House
Ranked #1,648 of 5,735 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Brisbane, Australia
“Great beer, good food and friendly staff and patrons”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I'd been testing a few of the local beers at nearby bars and wandered past Kennedy's and thought that it would be worth a go. Like many bars in SF they had a comprehensive beer menu but they also had a great food menu.

The place seemed a bit dank upon entry, but it grew on me with time. The staff were friendly and the other patrons were primarily local and very friendly and happy to chat.

Food food, great beer, friendly company! What more could you want?

• Visited April 2014

Bangalore
“Good place for Indian food”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was close to my hotel - and that is why i opted for it. Great selection of beer including Indian beer. I had a traditional Indian uthappam with chicken and the quantity was more than sufficient. Good value for money

Visited April 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“Unusual joint for good beer and great Indian food. What??!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

How unusual can you get? An Irish pub\beer joint that's also got an Indian restaurant. What?! We check in to our hotel and I started during a search for nearby restaurants and bars. This joint pops up and guess what... it is across the street from our hotel (Columbus Motor Inn). So, we end up hitting it on our first night after touring around the Wharf and wanting a few more drinks before bed. MANY great beers and loud music in a casual place. Reminded me of the places I visited in college. On the other side, there is the Indian restaurant. We checked out the menu and came back here on the next night for food. The food was delicious. We ordered way too much but we wanted to try different things (we don't eat Indian very often). It was all delicious. Many people were coming in for the food and it seemed like many of the folks were locals. If locals are coming in for the food and drink, the place has to be good. I would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014
LoveMan
“Sick beer list”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Crossed the street from my hotel (Columbus Inn) and ran smack into this place. Would be easy to miss. I'd already drained my Leffe Blonde when I looked up on the wall and saw yet *another* row of taps. Finished with a nice barrel-aged Allagash Curieux and watched the spectacularly cheesy Chinese '70s King Kong remake, "The Mighty Peking Man". I was grinning like a chimp the whole time.

The vibe reminded me a *little* of the Double Down bar in Vegas, the self-proclaimed "Happiest Place on Earth."

Winnipeg, Canada
“Good beer and food”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visited this locale numerous times to enjoy a beer and some great bar food. They also had a nice outdoor area at the back of the restaurant.

Visited October 2013