“Ok but not great”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had a reasonably priced meal. But my pasta with rabbit was lacking in any flavour. Husband said his veal special was good. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I may have just chosen badly. Good service and buzzy atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My daughter and I arrived early (before 6) on a Friday night, dressed very casually after a day of exploring, as we didn't plan to go out. We got in right away, the service was exceptional, very friendly. House-made ravioli great, linguine excellent, peach sorbet sublime.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Went here on recommendation of my hotel concierge. Was not disappointed. Excellent service, food was tasty and creative (they had a special squash filled pasta that was outstanding). Wine choices excellent too. Went back later in the week with business associates and again, great service and food!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We appreciated the Trip Advisor recommendations who led us to a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. The waiters are very Italian, the menu very traditional, and the cooking very good. The seafood, polenta, warm spinach salad, and tiramisu were all excellent. On a Friday night we called for a reservation just before getting on a cable car to the restaurant and were seated immediately, while walk-in customers had a 45 minute wait. The restaurant was loud and busy all night long. It was a lively scene that was fun to watch.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great service, reasonably priced food for a major city, and really delicious. I've dreamed about the pesto sauce I had in Italy 4 yrs ago that is very hard to find in the US...more of a creamy texture than oil based. It was delicious here. We split the Caesar salad...plentiful for 2 people. My daughter had the veg lasagna and she loved that as well. Ambiance is pure 1980s.