“Great front desk service”

Swiss Louis Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3,051 of 5,769 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

After walking around with a family of 12 looking for a place to accommodate us , the gentleman at the front desk was more than happy to seat us. The food here is excellent and wait staff are amazing. Wonderful views out the Windows made dinner very pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Swiss Louis Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were walking around Pier 39 trying to get in for dinner, every place was packed with each place having 10 people deep lined up. We were walking around and came upon the Swiss Louis up on the 2nd level. We got in right away (other places had 1.5 hour wait times) and had a great view of the pier. For dinner we shared a Caesar salad and I had the Fettuccine Alfredo and my wife had the Crab Enchiladas. Everything was delicious, staff was very nice and courteous.

I still can't believe that we ate on famous pier 39, and didn't need a reservation and best of all it didn't break the bank.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was tourist day for us in San Francisco, so rather than head to awesome Italian in North Beach, we ate lunch where we were on Pier 39. Views were amazing of the Sea Lions and the Golden Gate. This large tourist restaurant got everything right on the basics. Average taste for the Chicken Parm I ordered and clam chowder was nothing to write home about. The portions were large (too large in my book), but the service was friendly and views great. Of our choices of Bubba Gumps and Hard Rock - this location got it done.

1  Thank mcclungp
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A very upscale restaurant. The food was good, but since I was a part of a group, our entrees were limited to three choices, none of which I was fond of. Ended up with steak, and it was good. It was nearly impossible to get a refill of my water.

1  Thank Marshall R
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We were there before 6:30 pm so appetizers were $5 which was awesome. The entrees were okay but not great. My linguine was watery and bland. I had read that the staff was rude. We did not encounter any rude staff. Our server was good, unfortunately she took a long time to attend to our bill and credit card - so long that our table was already cleared and we were waiting uncomfortably near the front to pay and get out.