“Nice Neighborhood Cafe”

Ranked #17 of 5,666 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Smith, Nevada
“Nice Neighborhood Cafe”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We ate here one morning while staying just down the street. Like many of the establishments down in Cow Hollow and the Marina District, this place is small but we were seated immediately. The service was good, we hardly waited for anything. Considering the size of the place, the waitresses are never more than ten feet away anyway.

The food was good. I had smoked salmon Benedict and my wife had pancakes. Nothing fancy but tasty and filling. I ordered a latte but the machine was down so I had regular coffee. Plenty of refills. If you're in the area, this is a good place to eat. Just don't expect anything fancy.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Maplewood NJ
“Wonderful breakfast!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Small place with a bit of a wait but well worth it. Had eggs with the potato carrot latkas and the chicken patties. Others had pancakes. Yummy. Coffee was good. Staff attentive and friendly. Love it.

Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointed with service”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My family of five waited 40 minutes for a table. That's understandable, it's a beautiful Sunday morning in San Fran. What disappointed me the most was that 4 tables seated after us were served before us. As a matter of fact, 2 tables finished their meal before we were served. I won't be back!!! I can spend my tourist dollars at a restaurant that wants my business.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast Place in San Francisco and Beyooooooond”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Visited Home Plate while on a recent road trip. Stayed in San Francisco for three nights, ate at Home Plate every morning. I went with my girlfriend twice, then with my family (five people) and never waited more than 10 minutes, despite the line up.
The service was awesome. Coffee/water refills were quick, the staff didn't visit our table unnecessarily, and the food was fast.
Because I love this place so much, the rest of the review is going to be in-depth, so for those who don't want to wade through it: the food was great each time, the service was great each time, and I would visit SF just to eat here.

The first day I had the Two Egg breakfast (over medium) with sourdough toast and the potato pancakes. This meal ended up being my favourite of the three I had, and it's also the cheapest. With coffee it was roughly $10 which was sweet.

The second day I had the Eggs Florentine. As a vegetarian (that eats eggs, obviously), eggs benedict is usually just eggs covered in hollandaise with nothing else. The Eggs Florentine came loaded with spinach, with potato pancakes on the side.

The third, and final trip (for now), I ordered a full stack of the Banana pancakes. Full stack means four pancakes, roughly 6 inches in diameter. I also added sliced banana to the top because I love potassium. If you're super hungry, order pancakes. I ended up giving a couple to my brother because I couldn't finish them (which was not for lack of trying). The pancakes and the florentine are tied, but if I had to pick it would probably be pancakes.

In conclusion, Home Plate is my favourite breakfast place, hands down. My review is a little overboard, I'll admit, but I really do suggest visiting this place. If you're not sure what to order, I'd go with the Two Egg breakfast because it's right at the top of the menu. Alternatively, order a couple sides of the potato-carrot pancakes - they are amazing.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Esrah B
“Very delicious ”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Loved all the foods especially the scone was very delicious. The prices were a little more than average but I think it's worth