“real tipical Japanese!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Unbielievable! Like in Japan. Come early, at 18h30. Only 11 Persons are allowed to enter. The Chef does everything in front of you. Unique experience

Reviewed 12 August 2011

This place is amazing! I have traveled to Japan and loved the food there and the people and the entire experience. Coming back home after that trip was so challenging because it's impossible to find anything quite the same there.

We found this place online and heard such great reviews of it. And going there was even better than the reviews said!

It's a small restaurant (seats about 8 people only) and is open M-F roughly 6-10. Typically they do two seatings. But if you're there and you're still ordering food, they aren't going to kick you out. It's own my an older Japanese couple. The husband makes all the sushi and the wife does everything else in the kitchen behind. It's just the two of them! The portions are huge and the fish is incredibly fresh. The husband takes his sweet time making the sushi and puts such care into each plate he creates. It's beautiful to watch.

We sat in there for about three hours eating and drinking hot sake and chatting with the husband gracefully wielding his sushi knife. When we left, we had completely forgotten we were still in SF. It took us straight back to our time in Japan

I highly, highly recommend this place. It isn't the cheapest but the quality and the experience is quite worth it! Be prepared to get there early so you can make it in the first seating group. If you don't, you'll have to got back. And be prepared to have this meal take some time. This is not a place to go with a group of people - you won't get in. No more than 3 or 4 people. And this is not a place for someone in a hurry, this is a place for someone that wants to sit and spend time with a good friend, be removed from the hectic SF world and enjoy an amazing meal!

My only hesitation in sharing this is that I don't want too many others to know about it so that I can get in when I want to go!

2  Thank pduckie1